The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

does middlesex university say this to everyone who gets an offer?

i received an email and it says this:

Good news! We’re delighted to say that we think you’re great. So great, in fact, that we’ve made you an official offer to study with us. Congratulations. The tutors were very impressed by your application you’re just the person we’re looking for at Middlesex.

do they say this to everyone who receives an offer?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Thats the most patronising thing ive read. Warwick would never do that LOOL
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London
Reply 2
I don't want to believe that's what they actually sent you.
Original post by VK96
I don't want to believe that's what they actually sent you.

it is loool, i am not sure whether to take it as patronizing or a good thing:facepalm:
Original post by IbrahimKingx
Thats the most patronising thing ive read. Warwick would never do that LOOL

:frown: i am not sure if that was patronizing or that they just say that to all their applicants who they gave offers to
Reply 5
Original post by TheGameOfScience
:frown: i am not sure if that was patronizing or that they just say that to all their applicants who they gave offers to

Oh well you got an offer :tongue:
It's horribly patronising, but it's also marketing, and for every offer holder who is turned off by it, there's likely to be another who is flattered into firming Middlesex.
Original post by carnationlilyrose
It's horribly patronising, but it's also marketing, and for every offer holder who is turned off by it, there's likely to be another who is flattered into firming Middlesex.

LOOl i agree with u!, defo not firming middlesex though
Original post by VK96
Oh well you got an offer :tongue:

TRUE!!! defo not firming it though
Reply 9
Cringeeeee. It's probably sent to many others, why make a personalised message for someone which is going to be more time consuming.
Reply 10
I'd hate getting an offer message like that, its just literally like the university is bumlicking you on purpose such that they want you to firm it, you should be bumlicking the university you want to go to, not the other way around :lol:
Please tell me you aren't planning on firming them. That email alone would put me off

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Yeah, I got that message too... :/
But... I got sent it two months after they gave me an offer, for a course they have since discontinued for 2014...... Hmmmm....
Original post by KehRawwr
Yeah, I got that message too... :/
But... I got sent it two months after they gave me an offer, for a course they have since discontinued for 2014...... Hmmmm....

woah omg, 2 months after, thats a huge gap, i got it by email like 2 days after they offered me, but that doesn't make sense how the hell are you meant to study a course that is going to be discontinued:eek:, which course is this btw?
Original post by ArsenalObsessed
Please tell me you aren't planning on firming them. That email alone would put me off

Posted from TSR Mobile

dont worry i wont firm them lol:tongue:
Original post by Miel Purple
Cringeeeee. It's probably sent to many others, why make a personalised message for someone which is going to be more time consuming.

that makes sense, your right!! and i thought i was special for a moment:frown:
Reply 16
woah omg, 2 months after, thats a huge gap, i got it by email like 2 days after they offered me, but that doesn't make sense how the hell are you meant to study a course that is going to be discontinued:eek:, which course is this btw?

It was for Publishing and Media.
I got a conditional offer a few days after I applied, which made no sense because I've already finished my a-levels and am not studying so having a conditional offer based on grades was odd.
Then a week later they emailed around saying that the course had been suspended for 2014 entry.
Then two months later, bam- cringeworthy email saying they'd love to have me on the course.
And then yesterday the course was officially removed from UCAS... O.o

Really odd... doesn't seem like anyone in the admissions team know what's going on... :s-smilie:
Original post by KehRawwr
It was for Publishing and Media.
I got a conditional offer a few days after I applied, which made no sense because I've already finished my a-levels and am not studying so having a conditional offer based on grades was odd.
Then a week later they emailed around saying that the course had been suspended for 2014 entry.
Then two months later, bam- cringeworthy email saying they'd love to have me on the course.
And then yesterday the course was officially removed from UCAS... O.o

Really odd... doesn't seem like anyone in the admissions team know what's going on... :s-smilie:

That is so bad! what the hell are middlesex doing lol, so unorganized and to top it off with this cringey email i am surprised you aren't pissed off lol, tbh they should have given you an unconditional offer, since you completed your a levels unless they wanted you to retake to get higher grades, maybe they are going to do the course 1 more time this year then remove it from the course list. which campus are you going to be situated in? i think sciences are in hendon, but i am not sure about publishing and media.
Reply 18
That is so bad! what the hell are middlesex doing lol, so unorganized and to top it off with this cringey email i am surprised you aren't pissed off lol, tbh they should have given you an unconditional offer, since you completed your a levels unless they wanted you to retake to get higher grades, maybe they are going to do the course 1 more time this year then remove it from the course list. which campus are you going to be situated in? i think sciences are in hendon, but i am not sure about publishing and media.

I'm pretty sure Publishing was on the Hendon campus as well - but I'm not entirely sure.
Well, I'm not annoyed with them really - just a bit bemused. If they wanna be unorganised they can. I have two other offers from Unis I prefer so I'm very lucky in that I'm not relying on Middlesex. :/ Just seems a bit silly of them...
I wish the universities I've been made an offer from sent me an offer letter like that. It would make me feel appreciated :frown:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending