The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Anyone starting a primary PCGE at Birmingham City University in 2014?

Hi!

I was wondering how many people had got a place to start their Primary PCGE at BCU this year? I had my place confirmed ten days ago so am over the moon. I cant wait to get started!

I thought I would start a thread for anyone else doing the same to introduce themselves.
Original post by pgce2014
Hi!

I was wondering how many people had got a place to start their Primary PCGE at BCU this year? I had my place confirmed ten days ago so am over the moon. I cant wait to get started!

I thought I would start a thread for anyone else doing the same to introduce themselves.

I've just firmed my place at bcu for primary :smile:!
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by georgiaclaire_
I've just firmed my place at bcu for primary :smile:!

Congratulations Georgia! I can't wait to get started now but it seems a long way away. I have not heard from anyone else that has taken up a place yet, which is surprising considering how many people will be on the course. When did you have your interview? Mine was on the 8th jan so was probably one of the first. Hopefully someone will set up a Facebook page so we can all introduce ourselves before we start.
Congratulations Georgia! I can't wait to get started now but it seems a long way away. I have not heard from anyone else that has taken up a place yet, which is surprising considering how many people will be on the course. When did you have your interview? Mine was on the 8th jan so was probably one of the first. Hopefully someone will set up a Facebook page so we can all introduce ourselves before we start.

Thanks! You too! I think I had my interview that day as well :smile: I'm going to set one up I think, but I haven't seen a lot of people saying they have accepted the place there, i'll try and advertise it on other threads :smile:
Original post by georgiaclaire_
Thanks! You too! I think I had my interview that day as well :smile: I'm going to set one up I think, but I haven't seen a lot of people saying they have accepted the place there, i'll try and advertise it on other threads :smile:

I've created a group on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/groups/725110767513368/
Reply 5
Hi, I have an interview at BCU for primary PGCE in a few days and I was just wondering if anyone can give me some guidance or advice. I'm particularly worried about the general discussion task and the curriculum general knowledge tests. I'd really appreciate any help you guys could give. Thank you in advance.
Reply 6
Original post by goodygirl
Hi, I have an interview at BCU for primary PGCE in a few days and I was just wondering if anyone can give me some guidance or advice. I'm particularly worried about the general discussion task and the curriculum general knowledge tests. I'd really appreciate any help you guys could give. Thank you in advance.

Hi Goodygirl! First of all, do not worry about this interview as it is very relaxed and the staff are lovely. The knowledge test is not bad at all and as long as you remember some if your GCSE subjects you will be fine. The disscussion task is also nothing to worry about. In your interview info they sent you they asked you to familiarise yourself with the Teaching Standards. I just made a few notes on each one and that was more than enough. The discussion tended to flow really easily anyway and I ended up just chatting through ideas. Hope everything goes ok for you. Good luck!
Reply 7
Hi Goodygirl! First of all, do not worry about this interview as it is very relaxed and the staff are lovely. The knowledge test is not bad at all and as long as you remember some if your GCSE subjects you will be fine. The disscussion task is also nothing to worry about. In your interview info they sent you they asked you to familiarise yourself with the Teaching Standards. I just made a few notes on each one and that was more than enough. The discussion tended to flow really easily anyway and I ended up just chatting through ideas. Hope everything goes ok for you. Good luck!

Thanks so much for that. Would you be able to expand on the discussion task at all please. Also, i'm a bit worried about the maths part of it. What types of thinks come up in the maths test. I really appreciate your help.
Reply 8
Hi Goodygirl, I have exactly the same questions as you. I hope someone can update us on the discussion task and maths tests. Bump :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending