The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shutuplucy
Does anyone know if it's definitely too late to change college? Not desperate but feeling a bit uneasy. Thanks

I suspect it probably is, unless you have an incredibly compelling reason. Even once you get to Oxford it's very difficult, so I'd imagine it's only more difficult before you have even had an interview :sadnod:

What is making you feel uneasy? Is it a stereotype that us current students/alumni can help dispel/dismiss?

In any case, you might end up getting pooled away from the college you've applied to pre-interview if they're particularly oversubscribed, so try not to worry too much at this very early stage! :smile:
Reply 3981
Original post by radhikagulati
anyone applying to lincoln? x

Yep! For history. You?

Yes! I was starting to feel like the only one :smile:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I suspect it probably is, unless you have an incredibly compelling reason. Even once you get to Oxford it's very difficult, so I'd imagine it's only more difficult before you have even had an interview :sadnod:

What is making you feel uneasy? Is it a stereotype that us current students/alumni can help dispel/dismiss?

In any case, you might end up getting pooled away from the college you've applied to pre-interview if they're particularly oversubscribed, so try not to worry too much at this very early stage! :smile:

I thought it might be! My heart was with Wadham but I ended up applying to St Hilda's because I felt like it would be less imposing and daunting- and now I know that I went against my gut feeling and really regret it. I think the fear is that if I ended up at Hilda's I'd always be thinking about Wadham, which is stupid because I almost definitely will get rejected anyway lol. Thank you for your reassurance, hoping I'll get pooled or at least another set of interviews (if I don't fail the MLAT..)
Is anyone applying to St Anne's?
Course - Law
College - Open Application
GCSEs - BTEC L2 in Applied Science (Distinction*) + English (B) and Maths (B) GCSE (extenuating circumstances for all of it - situation was a shambles)
A-Levels - A*AAa* (Law, Government & Politics, English Literature, EPQ)
Extra - currently a Dickson Poon Scholar at King's College London
Original post by moon.fly
Yes :-) ppe

Theology here! You're the first person applying to Christ church I've found!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought it might be! My heart was with Wadham but I ended up applying to St Hilda's because I felt like it would be less imposing and daunting- and now I know that I went against my gut feeling and really regret it. I think the fear is that if I ended up at Hilda's I'd always be thinking about Wadham, which is stupid because I almost definitely will get rejected anyway lol. Thank you for your reassurance, hoping I'll get pooled or at least another set of interviews (if I don't fail the MLAT..)

If it's any consolation, I've been at St Hilda's for the last two weeks and it's an absolutely lovely place - I was tempted by the more traditional colleges at the application stage last year but haven't once regretted applying to here instead :smile:
Original post by LeJennifleur
If it's any consolation, I've been at St Hilda's for the last two weeks and it's an absolutely lovely place - I was tempted by the more traditional colleges at the application stage last year but haven't once regretted applying to here instead :smile:

Ahh thank you so much for replying, what subject are you doing? I feel like I do regret my choice but not because I don't like Hilda's, if that makes sense. I really love the location and the tutors for my course (English and French) seem really great.
Does anyone know if it's definitely too late to change college? Not desperate but feeling a bit uneasy. Thanks

It might be possible: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2923679

You could try giving the Admissions team a ring tomorrow if you want +44 (0)1865 288000
Original post by fluteflute
It might be possible: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2923679

You could try giving the Admissions team a ring tomorrow if you want +44 (0)1865 288000

Thank you, I may try that. Although I've registered for ELAT and MLAT for St Hilda's so I don't know if that means it's too late?
Thank you, I may try that. Although I've registered for ELAT and MLAT for St Hilda's so I don't know if that means it's too late?

It might still be possible, but I guess that could make it more of a pain

Not me, but my friend's applying there for Physics.

Hilda's is a lovely friendly college and I'm sure you'd love it without any thought of regrets or what ifs about Wadham, if you got an offer from Hilda's :yep: That said, do give the number flutey has linked you to a call, just in case!
Original post by Chlorophile
Which course did you do?

Medicine

Me! For law, how about you?
Original post by saea96
Yep! For history. You?

Original post by uls1295
Yes! I was starting to feel like the only one :smile:

Original post by emmaappleton
Me! For law, how about you?

Yay! I felt like no one was applying there :frown:

I'm applying for medicine :smile: :s-smilie::smile:
Original post by nickparkes
Applying for medicine at LMH, anyone else applying there?

I'm applying for medicine but at lincoln :smile: x
I was initially going to make an open application, and filled in my TSA form as an open applicant. However I changed my mind later and applied to a college (on ucas).

Will this hinder my chances in anyway?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everybody! :smile:

Applying to study Medicine at Brasenose (no one mention University Challenge okay...). Also applied to Manchester, Birmingham and Liverpool (got an unconditional BioMed offer from Leicester on Friday!)

GCSEs; 11A*s
AS; 4As in Chem, Bio, Maths, French, and an A in an EPQ on euthanasia (such a cheerful thing to write)

The BMAT is literally the most terrifying thing I have ever been faced with, argh! At least there's always half term to cry about Physics :s-smilie: Any other medics out there? :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending