The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5980
Original post by anonwinner
If you haven't got an offer yet, you've been probably rejected :frown: Unlucky guys

How can such a loser be an exalted member? Reflects badly on TSR. Are you an applicant? Current student? Reveal yourself.
Just been rejected from Lincoln for Law. :'( I expected it to be honest.
What sort of time do interviews generally come through? Office hours?
Original post by tosocarolina
Spanish and Arabic, but I'm aware of the fact that they send off invitations to languages interview quite late. Everyday I say to myself "today is the day, I feel it!"And then... Nothing

Was it you who chose Pembroke or were you allocated there? I really fell in love with its quads, it's such a familiar and lovely college

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm the same! Everyday I hope I hear something but no :-( there's two other people applying from my year and we're all really worried haha
It was my choice, I went to the open day and just adored how quaint it was. (plus my history teacher who went to Oxford said that it was one of the best for Humanities subjects which basically secured my choice!)
Original post by Writenow
congrats!!

Thank you!!!!! :biggrin::eek:
Original post by ggiraffe96

Ah, my condolences. I wish you well with your other applications.

Sorry to hear mate :frown: what were your stats?
Thanks. And the best of luck with your application! :smile:
Original post by andreastitan

7A*s 5As GCSE
AAAB at AS
A*A*A prediction
Original post by tosocarolina
Spanish and Arabic, but I'm aware of the fact that they send off invitations to languages interview quite late. Everyday I say to myself "today is the day, I feel it!"And then... Nothing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh God, I so know what you mean about language interviews. P&ML and ML are the same dates, and Law only starts the day before, but I don't think we're likely to start hearing back until maybe the 27th or so, unlike them -_-

Don't be so insensitive; exploiting someone's rejection to feed your eagerness
7A*s 5As GCSE
AAAB at AS
A*A*A prediction

I'm sure any other brilliant university will take you with those! How did you find the LNAT?
Original post by Annette Curtain
Don't be so insensitive; exploiting someone's rejection to feed your eagerness

I'm not exploiting anything, I just asked a question and genuinely feel sorry for the person. No need to pounce.
I'm sure any other brilliant university will take you with those! How did you find the LNAT?

Seconded - those are great grades!
Original post by Caitlan
It's usually a) too many applicants (the email suggested that), b) you seem more suited to another college c) a mixture of a and b

It is nothing to do with how you are 'suited' to a college - that doesn't exist.
It's purely because some colleges have more applicants than others and they balance it out pre interview.
I'm not exploiting anything, I just asked a question and genuinely feel sorry for the person. No need to pounce.

We all know, even you, deep inside why you asked.
Are Oxford sending interviews/rejections at this time of night? Someone about 10 mins ago got one!?

I hope so! My LNAT seemed okay, I'm just hoping that I wasn't rejected because of a (possibly) dire score. :/
Original post by Annette Curtain
We all know, even you, deep inside why you asked.

Okay Annette, good talk; really glad we had it.
I hope so! My LNAT seemed okay, I'm just hoping that I wasn't rejected because of a (possibly) dire score. :/

Well don't worry about it man I'm sure you'll get into somewhere great especially with those grades :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending