The Student Room Group

People who want more Syrian refugees - let them stay in your home?

Scroll to see replies

I don't see Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq or many other Muslim countries rushing to help the Syrian refugees who are mostly Muslim, yet Christian countries are expected to help..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by Inzamam99
Eager to stick your dirty fingers into every conflict out there and start new ones but not eager to deal with the consequences. Typical.

This.
Original post by tengentoppa
Where exactly? There's been no racism whatsoever.

haaaa, my bad. I read the first reply and saw the Syrians immediately being called terrorists. Then I skimmed over and saw a few buzzwords and assumed it had boiled down to immediate xenophobia and general immigrant-bashing. After closer inspection it turns out I was massively wrong, hah, dear oh dear.
Reply 23
Original post by olmyster911
I don't see Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq or many other Muslim countries rushing to help the Syrian refugees who are mostly Muslim, yet Christian countries are expected to help..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah because Iraq is much safer..
Reply 24
Original post by HeavyTeddy
Even then, I'd feel morally obligated. If they aren't oppressors/those for the Assad regime, I'd probably take them in regardless of religion.

Good to hear man :smile: I hope peace comes to Syria soon.
You can go by back to Pakistan if it bothers you so much. Rather hypocritical of you to criticise the West whilst indulging in the benefits of a Western education.

I don't know why we're backing the Islamist terrorists anyway.

I plan to go back as soon as I can.

My education is all paid for through the blood and sweat of me, my mother and father's work and their tax contributions.

I'll tell you- the people who back your interests are freedom fighters and those that don't are terrorists.

Economic colonialism, Blood Diamonds, rampant exploitation and a new war every which kills scores every few years ensures that the Americans (especially) are the true terrorists. Funny how they all get into a hiffy and blame those terrible Muslims when reactionary groups spring up.

ronalrmeetsfreedomfighterswhitehousejpg600_xlarge.jpeg

8754_d66c.jpeg
I would put them in tented camps in north Scotland.
When referring to the UK he used the word "you", clearly demonstrating that he does not consider himself British. Perhaps you should verify your facts before pulling out the race card and attacking me ad hominem.

I consider myself more Pakistani than British. A lot more.

Yet I' am also grateful for the opportunity this country gave me, went to one of the best schools and most importantly every adult member of my family has contributed through their tax contributions and never broken the law.

So in essence, we are a lot better for the UK than half the "natives" out there.
I consider myself more Pakistani than British. A lot more.

Yet I' am also grateful for the opportunity this country gave me, went to one of the best schools and most importantly every adult member of my family has contributed through their tax contributions and never broken the law.

So in essence, we are a lot better for the UK than half the "natives" out there.

Well I should expect so. That's not special, that's behaving like a normal, decent citizen. Immigrants from Pakistan seem to segregate themselves and always hold a grudge against the UK, whilst reaping the benefits of our country. It irks me. How would you feel if a Brit went over to Pakistan and started whinging about it being a ****hole? Not too great I should think.
Well I should expect so. That's not special, that's behaving like a normal, decent citizen. Immigrants from Pakistan seem to segregate themselves and always hold a grudge against the UK, whilst reaping the benefits of our country. It irks me. How would you feel if a Brit went over to Pakistan and started whinging about it being a ****hole? Not too great I should think.

Well actually the white Brits I have met seem to appreciate this country a lot less than first generation immigrants such as myself. Why don't you chat this **** to them? Or perhaps to Nationalist Scots who hold a "grudge against the UK"?
Original post by CEKTOP
Says a man with Putin on his userpic.

Standard.

We are excused because Russia.

We are excused because Saudi Arabia.
A ridiculous proposition. You're attacking a straw man. The issue is whether the UK should accept more Syrian refugees, not whether they should live in our houses. I wouldn't accept any of Australia's 20 million residents in my house, but that doesn't mean they have no right to live here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What does religion have to do with it? People are people.
Reply 33
Eager to stick your dirty fingers into every conflict out there and start new ones but not eager to deal with the consequences. Typical.

The people of the UK didn't want to go into Syria/get involved with it so why should the ones who didn't want anything to do with it pay the price that others vouched for?
Well actually the white Brits I have met seem to appreciate this country a lot less than first generation immigrants such as myself. Why don't you chat this **** to them? Or perhaps to Nationalist Scots who hold a "grudge against the UK"?

I do. I feel people don't appreciate how good this country is and criticise it because it's the done thing, as opposed to any genuine dislike of the country. After all, if they really did, they would not be here.
Original post by Lady Comstock
So, the British government has agreed to take in around 500 vulnerable Syrian refugees. However, I have noticed that many, particularly on the left, have demanded that we pretty much opt in to taking in an unlimited amount.

My question to those who want many more to be allowed in - why not allow them to stay with you in your home? In a spare room? Why not put your money where your mouth is?

Agreed, bet they won't though and also make excuses as to how ridiculous it is and not feasible. I can see us taking in more than 500 to be honest with you
We shouldn't even be taking 500.
Don't we have enough from every other country already...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Totally agree

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree with you, I haven't even heard anything about them trying to resolve the issue within the country it is left to the west to try and get the issue resolved, They haven't been saying we'll take them all in,
Original post by Hussm
Yeah because Iraq is much safer..

Well compared to the crap hole they live in and is getting destroyed moving to another crap hole which has a suicide bomber at least once a day with no chemicals then yeah is much safer
Original post by Old_Simon
I would put them in tented camps in north Scotland.

Don't ruin Scotland, wales is much more suitable

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending