The Student Room Group

TSR Malaysian Society

Scroll to see replies

Wai``Hou!
haha.. I can feel ur fed-upness after reading your long post.. He is just worrying he cant get an offer from LSE..shame on him..Just dont click on the thread..

And they deleted the thread. Oh man that's retarded...
what is PCK in Chinese???????
anyone help me?
Reply 1182
deepdarkblue
what is PCK in Chinese???????
anyone help me?

we all just call him as PCK... and i dont think he has a chinese name.. He's more widely known in PCK, isnt he?
Reply 1183
Mangekyou Sharingan
And they deleted the thread. Oh man that's retarded...

haha but at least an eyesore has been removed... but anyways, he keeps asking retarded questions there and sure he will soon be another boomboomboom/newbie17..haha...
Save this thread! Don't let it die! C'mon people keep the posts coming in!!!!
Reply 1185
okay.

today's the first day of my trial exams. Psychology is up soon. :smile:

i hope i can remember all the facts correctly.
Ooh good luck benni. Ahhh i remember the good old times where we had our exam at the MPH gallery...everytime after the exam we always threw paper down from above....^^
Reply 1187
hahaha..not really a good idea for now. still got A2 to sit for.
btw, your methods of surviving at london at the lse forum seems interesting. you dont seem to cook. Is food theft at your place pretty common?

btw i have stumbled upon examiner reports. i do have past year papers and marking schemes, but examiner reports...ah..sth cool. :biggrin: reading the econs one...one thing i can definitely conclude is that they are going to reward people who make evaluations, arguments, point out flaws, alternatives and the not so regular stuff. i should brush up these skills within the next two months...
food thefts are pretty common in Rosebery. However if you store raw ingredients that's fine...obviously no one's gonna steal an uncooked chicken! The reason why I don't cook is that I'm too lazy. After a tough day at uni I'd rather eat at the dining hall then spending more than hour cooking, eating and cleaning up.

Yep but I think you guys should allow around 300 pounds more if you are a hardcore party-goer. Entry ticket to a club can easily cost 15 quid and more. I'm able to save money as I do not like clubs...they don't play J-Rock, and the smoke is irritating.
Reply 1189
Mangekyou Sharingan
food thefts are pretty common in Rosebery. However if you store raw ingredients that's fine...obviously no one's gonna steal an uncooked chicken! The reason why I don't cook is that I'm too lazy. After a tough day at uni I'd rather eat at the dining hall then spending more than hour cooking, eating and cleaning up.

Yep but I think you guys should allow around 300 pounds more if you are a hardcore party-goer. Entry ticket to a club can easily cost 15 quid and more. I'm able to save money as I do not like clubs...they don't play J-Rock, and the smoke is irritating.

ah ic. nah, even if i were to live there, i dont think i'd bother with live poultry and stuff. i was thinking easier food like pasta. which of course requires cream/tomato puree. i wonder if they'll steal that. so the rawer the better i guess? :smile: cause i plan to fully sustain myself by cooking...be it easy prep food or instant sandwiches. :biggrin:
Reply 1190
Mangekyou Sharingan

Luckily I'm not a big fan of clubbing / partying.. and yeah I hate smoke as well!!! so as a conclusion, I can keep the 300 quid back into my pocket or spend it for something else..:biggrin:
Reply 1191
benni
ah ic. nah, even if i were to live there, i dont think i'd bother with live poultry and stuff. i was thinking easier food like pasta. which of course requires cream/tomato puree. i wonder if they'll steal that. so the rawer the better i guess? :smile: cause i plan to fully sustain myself by cooking...be it easy prep food or instant sandwiches. :biggrin:

I think I will cook pretty often when I'm at LSE.. also easy stuff like pasta, spagethi, sandwiches..to save money... thinking of doing postgrad instead of working after graduation.. any opinions?
If you guys are thinking of cooking yea that's cool. Beware of food thefts, as they steal stuff that can be easily prepared, like microwave food. They don't steal stuff like soy sauce, onions, raw meat etc. And if you guys wanna cook on a daily basis I'd suggest you guys to form groups. It's much cheaper that way and can be more effcient, be it preparing the ingredients or cleaning up afterwards.

@ Wai Hou : I'm definitely doing a postgrad. And the reason why I'm saving money right now is to fund for my postgrad studies. I'm spending roughly 600 pounds per month inclusive of rent, and according to LSE's estimate of 1000 pounds per month I'm saving 400 pounds a month. In other words I have avoided spending 3600 pounds extra a year, and am able to invest those money for my PG studies. And there are quite a number of people planning to do a PG in fact. I don't think I wanna do my PG in LSE though, as London is pretty expensive. Probably Cambridge or Oxford as they are cheaper over there.
Reply 1193
you guys don't plan to work eh. cause i plan to get a job after the degree. that should make up for the fees and stuff. plus i cant imagine heading back to malaysia and earning peanuts.
but kudos to you guys. pg studies because u want to do it. :smile:
Haha yea pay in Malaysia is pretty crappy compared to the UK, however tax in the UK is much higher though :s-smilie: I'm still considering whether I should practice law or enter academia. Both seems pretty appealing to me.
Reply 1195
oh yeah I came across this news yesterday: overseas students are now allowed to work in the UK for one year after graduation.. I thought we have always been allowed to work there for as long as we want after we graduate????? then how on earth did people manage to work there for more than one year before this?
Reply 1196
Mangekyou Sharingan
If you guys are thinking of cooking yea that's cool. Beware of food thefts, as they steal stuff that can be easily prepared, like microwave food. They don't steal stuff like soy sauce, onions, raw meat etc. And if you guys wanna cook on a daily basis I'd suggest you guys to form groups. It's much cheaper that way and can be more effcient, be it preparing the ingredients or cleaning up afterwards. .

That's a cool idea!

anyway,
@Henry: did u take part in the residence induction week last year? coz I am aked to fill in the intended arrival date in the accommodation offer form.. and it says : "All students are invited to arrive by Sunday 23rd September to partake in the residences induction week." is this any good? coz we will be charged for the one week's stay. and we might not be staying in our own allocated rooms.
LSE Accommodation Office
Please be aware that you will be billed for the days that you book here unless four weeks notice of cancellation is given. Early arrivals may not be placed in their term time rooms and will be asked to move rooms before the start of term. This may mean paying a different rate. In particular those students allocated shared rooms for the academic year may be placed in single rooms for September and charged the applicable rate. In residences where breakfast is served (High Holborn and Rosebery), an additional charge will be made for this service.
Nope. Did not attend it and never heard of it. Can you show me the links to the news? It looks interesting.
Reply 1198
Mangekyou Sharingan
Nope. Did not attend it and never heard of it. Can you show me the links to the news? It looks interesting.

it was on the front page of the lse website a few days ago. here is the link to it..

http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/pressAndInformationOffice/newsAndEvents/archives/2007/UKInternationalGraduatesScheme.htm

to waihou, i think before this scheme, international graduates could work for a few months, but had to have their employers file a work permit for them. but nevertheless i don't see it being a problem.
HEy people I'm here!! Gosh!! Havent got internet connection for a few weeks and it's like hell!! I'm now at my friend's house using his internet!!!

How's everyone doing? Enjoying your holidays?!

Wai hou, are you cantonese? You name sounds like it.

Quick Reply

Latest