The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Official University of Leicester - Talk to Clearing Student - Thread

This is an official thread where you can ask Leicester students questions concerning the Clearing process, our students are here to support you and reassure you through this nerve racking time :smile:

Chat to them about how they found the process and their time at the University of Leicester after getting in through clearing.

Right from when they called to receive their offer all the way to booking accommodation and then starting in September.

We are here to help :smile:
Favourite thing and least favourite thing about Leicester? :holmes:
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by 04MR17
Favourite thing and least favourite thing about Leicester? :holmes:

Hey @04MR17

Favourite things - How diverse Leicester is, I've had many opportunities to meet lots of people from around the world and it's really nice to get involved in festivals from other cultures like Diwali and Caribbean carnival which leads me on to my next point that food in Leicester in really great and no matter what you like there's something for everyone. I also appreciate that it's a relatively cheap student city. In regards to the uni itself, we have over 300 societies to join so there are plenty of opportunities to get as involved as you can. These are the places where I found most of my friend too.

Least Favourite- Personally, I think the only thing for me is that the city of Leicester can feel a little small sometimes after while but its alright since London and Birmingham are only an hour away, and it helps that we have such great transport links.

Hope you found this helpful
Alex :smile: 3rd year Biological Sciences
Original post by University of Leicester
Hey @04MR17

Favourite things - How diverse Leicester is, I've had many opportunities to meet lots of people from around the world and it's really nice to get involved in festivals from other cultures like Diwali and Caribbean carnival which leads me on to my next point that food in Leicester in really great and no matter what you like there's something for everyone. I also appreciate that it's a relatively cheap student city. In regards to the uni itself, we have over 300 societies to join so there are plenty of opportunities to get as involved as you can. These are the places where I found most of my friend too.

Least Favourite- Personally, I think the only thing for me is that the city of Leicester can feel a little small sometimes after while but its alright since London and Birmingham are only an hour away, and it helps that we have such great transport links.

Hope you found this helpful
Alex :smile: 3rd year Biological Sciences

Hi! I was wondering where I can find an official list for all of the societies if there is one available? I think i'll be going to UoL through clearing :smile:
Original post by sophypoo
Hi! I was wondering where I can find an official list for all of the societies if there is one available? I think i'll be going to UoL through clearing :smile:

Hey, @sophypoo

Thanks for getting in touch. Congratulations for getting your place to study with us. :smile:

Here is the list of the University of Leicester Student Union societies - https://www.leicesterunion.com/opportunities/societies/
There are lots to choose from and if the available options aren't to your satisfaction there's an option to start your own society once you start in September.

Hope this was helpful,
Alex :smile:
Original post by sophypoo
thank you so much!! i was also wondering about diversity in regards to east/south east asian students in UoLeicester. being of the culture myself, i of course would like to ‘fit in’ and having students of the same culture would massively feel more comforting.

Hey @sophypoo

Thank for the question,

I can tell you for a fact that Leicester is the most diverse city in the UK outside of London, with a great mix of cultures form all over, you will fit right in and I guarantee you that you have nothing to worry about in that regard. The university has its own South East Asian society which you can join when you get here to find people from you own culture. There is also the Malaysian and Singapore society too if needed.

One thing I would say is that from my personal experience at Leicester, I was made to feel so welcome by so many people as someone who is also a minority, I found people that I shared cultures with in societies as well as on my course and in accommodation. That being said, I think having an open mind when you come to university is vital as you will meet people from all over and it gives you the opportunity to learn about other cultures as well.

I do completely understand how you feel as it was one of the biggest factors for me too when I was making a decision to come to university, so be rest assured that you will feel at home when you get here.

Hope this was insightful
Alex :smile:
Reply 6
Hi, I didn't get an offer from UoL but wanna apply for clearing, however don't think I'll get the grades. I was wondering how lenient clearing offers are and if I would still be let to apply considering the fact I didn't get an offer the first time after my interview. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I didn't get an offer from UoL but wanna apply for clearing, however don't think I'll get the grades. I was wondering how lenient clearing offers are and if I would still be let to apply considering the fact I didn't get an offer the first time after my interview. :smile:

Hi there!

How are you?

Great to hear you want to study with us? What subject are you interested in applying for?

The best place to find the most up to date information regarding our clearing is through our clearing website - you can even sign up to receive updates from us!

Best of luck for this, and if you have any other questions, we can have a chat here!

- Anna (UK Student Recruitment Co-Ordinator)
Reply 8
Original post by University of Leicester
Hi there!

How are you?

Great to hear you want to study with us? What subject are you interested in applying for?

The best place to find the most up to date information regarding our clearing is through our clearing website - you can even sign up to receive updates from us!

Best of luck for this, and if you have any other questions, we can have a chat here!

- Anna (UK Student Recruitment Co-Ordinator)

Im fine thanks. Thanks for the response. I wanna study diagnostic radiography. Also thanks i will also have a look at the clearing website.
Original post by Anonymous
Im fine thanks. Thanks for the response. I wanna study diagnostic radiography. Also thanks i will also have a look at the clearing website.

Hi,

That is great! :biggrin:

Good luck and let us know if you have any further questions.

-Anna (UK Student Recruitment Co-Ordinator)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending