The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

housemanship after Mbbs in Newcastle university (malaysian campus)

So i've recently done my interview for the MBBS course in New Castle university (malaysian campus). I was informed that as an Indian i will not be able to do my housemanship there due to the regulations of the govt, But at the same time the govt of india does not allow international graduates to practise in india until they do 12 months of housemanship outside, so is it possible to transfer to the Uk campus or apply for an housemanship in UK after completing my mbbs in malaysian campus?
hey i am applying there too for 2022. I was looking for the same answers and I came across this. I am not very sure but I think it should be possible. I haven't come across any rule that states against it. Moreover, it is a UK degree so there should not be an issue.
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
So i've recently done my interview for the MBBS course in New Castle university (malaysian campus). I was informed that as an Indian i will not be able to do my housemanship there due to the regulations of the govt, But at the same time the govt of india does not allow international graduates to practise in india until they do 12 months of housemanship outside, so is it possible to transfer to the Uk campus or apply for an housemanship in UK after completing my mbbs in malaysian campus?

Hi there, I have the same question. Any pointers on this will be helpful. Thanks.
Hi All

I have contacted our Medical Admissions Team and they have advised that for more information on housemanship regarding the NUMed programme, to contact NUMed Malaysia directly. You can do this by emailing [email protected]. They will be able to help answer any questions you have around this.

Hope this helps :smile:

Elliott

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending