The Student Room Group

Multilingual and Polyglot Wannabe Thread MK II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thatitootoo
:awesome: "Ayzke-noyo-deen" sounds amazing.
Great idea for a middle name :wink:

Actually it's more 'noya'

:lol:
Reply 581
J'étais très triste! :emo:
Mais maintenant, je suis heureux à nouveau! :woo:

English: It's a new day :awesome:
German: Es ist ein neuer Tag :awesome:
Dutch: Het is een nieuwe dag :awesome:
French: ?
Spanish: ?
SWC: 今天是新的一天。jin1 tian1 shi4 xin1 de yi4 tian1 :tongue:

I'm glad to hear that. :smile:

Mais maintenant c'est moi qui est triste. Mes examens sont (ont? Poisson, aide-moi, s'il te plaît) fini(s) et demain j'aurai encore des leçons (cours? classes?). :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by AquisM

Mais maintenant c'est moi qui est triste. Mes examens sont (ont? Poisson, aide-moi, s'il te plaît) fini(s) et demain j'aurai encore des leçons (cours? classes?). :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:awesome: (I'm really starting to abuse this face!)

Oh tenses :rolleyes:

Were these exams of any weight? Or just mocks?

BTW, you're 16-17 this academic year and it's your final year before uni :redface: You're following the IB modelled on the British system, right? So did you skip a year (which would not surprise me!) or am I missing something :tongue:
Original post by AquisM

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmmm...

Je dirais 'J'ai plus les examens' mais pour ta phrase... 'Have been completed'?

Et oui, les cours sont lessons
Reply 584
:awesome: (I'm really starting to abuse this face!)

Oh tenses :rolleyes:

Were these exams of any weight? Or just mocks?

BTW, you're 16-17 this academic year and it's your final year before uni :redface: You're following the IB modelled on the British system, right? So did you skip a year (which would not surprise me!) or am I missing something :tongue:

Lol They're annoying, aren't they? :tongue:

They were just mocks, but you know, Asian parents... :rolleyes:

I'll be 17 in May, so yeah I did skip a year (it was only year 1, so it wasn't that big of a deal). It's actually a nuisance sometimes, because you're the baby of the year. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AquisM

I'll be 17 in May, so yeah I did skip a year (it was only year 1, so it wasn't that big of a deal). It's actually a nuisance sometimes, because you're the baby of the year. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What?! I'm older than you?!

Ce fait me rendre triste!

Welsh word for sad is trist too...
Anyone here on WJEC for A Level French ? :smile: If so, Bonjour! :smile:
Original post by overthelove
Anyone here on WJEC for A Level French ? :smile: If so, Bonjour! :smile:

Moi!!!!!!!!

Bonjour :biggrin:

:woo: ça va?
Original post by AquisM

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed! But then that feeling of gratification when you suddenly get all your tenses right! :awesome:

Haha! It really is a different attitude! Mocks are simply seen as something you have to "get through" over here. A lot of people (me included) just don't bother studying for them and then they panic when they fail :rolleyes:

:rofl: All the kids be goin' "Ohhhhhh, Ahhhh - kwees - mooooohhh" lool. I was always one of the oldest in my year! (October birth day) I was also taller than almost all of my teachers by the end of high school..:tongue:
Original post by L'Evil Fish

'triest' in Dutch! :redface:
'triest' in Dutch! :redface:

Triste in Italian and Spanish.
Moi!!!!!!!!

Bonjour :biggrin:

:woo: ça va?

Yay! Oui merci :smile: Et toi? Je suis contente que tu sois ici! Nous pouvons partager notre connaissance !!
Triste in Italian and Spanish.

Triste in Portuguese as well! Do I even have to look up what it will be in Catalan and Galician? :wink:

There appears to be a trend :yep:
Triste in Portuguese as well! Do I even have to look up what it will be in Catalan and Galician? :wink:

There appears to be a trend :yep:

Do it :tongue: Galician
Do it :tongue: Galician

'Trist' and 'triste' for Catalan and Galician respectively! :zomg:
I've posted a lot today! Have I become Overlord Tootoo yet? :colone:
'Trist' and 'triste' for Catalan and Galician respectively! :zomg:
I've posted a lot today! Have I become Overlord Tootoo yet? :colone:

Yes you are!
Reply 596
Hmmmm...

Je dirais 'J'ai plus les examens' mais pour ta phrase... 'Have been completed'?

Et oui, les cours sont lessons

Ah, your phrase is much neater. I was trying to say 'are done' or 'are finished' or 'have been completed' or something along those lines. :P

Quand est ton anniversaire?

Indeed! But then that feeling of gratification when you suddenly get all your tenses right! :awesome:

Haha! It really is a different attitude! Mocks are simply seen as something you have to "get through" over here. A lot of people (me included) just don't bother studying for them and then they panic when they fail :rolleyes:

:rofl: All the kids be goin' "Ohhhhhh, Ahhhh - kwees - mooooohhh" lool. I was always one of the oldest in my year! (October birth day) I was also taller than almost all of my teachers by the end of high school..:tongue:

Hahaha I totally understand what you mean. :biggrin:

Haha What makes you think I studied? Well, I sort of did. :tongue: I like to have some sort of indicator as to how I would do in the final exams. It's just that I will be worse than screwed if I fail them (Asian fail, of course. :biggrin: If I really did fail them, I would be expected to kill myself instead of asking my parents to sully their hands with the task. :tongue:)

:frown: I am, of course, not known for my tall stature (Asian + younger = dwarf). The thing is, though, not a lot of people in my year know I'm younger. Even most of those who did know have forgotten. Only my closest friends remember, and I'm glad for this, because I'd rather not be the center of attention because of my age.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by AquisM
Ah, your phrase is much neater. I was trying to say 'are done' or 'are finished' or 'have been completed' or something along those lines. :P

Quand est ton anniversaire?

Hahaha I totally understand what you mean. :biggrin:

Haha What makes you think I studied? Well, I sort of did. :tongue: I like to have some sort of indicator as to how I would do in the final exams. It's just that I will be worse than screwed if I fail them (Asian fail, of course. :biggrin: If I really did fail them, I would be expected to kill myself instead of asking my parents to sully their hands with the task. :tongue:)

:frown: I am, of course, not known for my tall stature (Asian + younger = dwarf). The thing is, though, not a lot of people in my year know I'm younger. Even most of those who did know have forgotten. Only my closest friends remember, and I'm glad for this, because I'd rather not be the center of attention because of my age.

LOL!!! This post really deserves 34 reps, a moving-gif and 10 memes! Brilliant! I shall keep you in mee prayers! :wink:

Hahaha at least you don't have to watch your head wherever you go; it's so easy to hit it everywhere! Btw, I think the world's tallest man is actually Chinese, or at least one of the world's tallest men anyway :tongue:

I really get that :yep:I would want the same if I was in that situation.

Yes you are!

Hooray!
3 woohoos for Overlord Tootoo!
:woo: :woo: :woo:
Reply 598
Original post by boumavilla
C'est un nouveau jour! :awesome:
Està una nueva día! :awesome:

I hope that's not supposed to be Spanish!

¡Hoy es un nuevo día!

Trist is sad in Danish too by the way. :tongue:
Reply 599
LOL!!! This post really deserves 34 reps, a moving-gif and 10 memes! Brilliant! I shall keep you in mee prayers! :wink:

Hahaha at least you don't have to watch your head wherever you go; it's so easy to hit it everywhere! Btw, I think the world's tallest man is actually Chinese, or at least one of the world's tallest men anyway :tongue:

I really get that :yep:I would want the same if I was in that situation.

PRSOM Thanks! :biggrin:

Haha I guess there are times when it's good to be short. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending