The Student Room Group

Sexy-Ass Metal Heads ;)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KaylaMary
anybody got weird stories related to music? here's my example:
I was in psychology class a few months back listening to disturbed down with the sickness, and it got to that one part (we all know which part :wink: ) and my headphones decided to come out. my phone was on full volume so the whole class was staring at me as the song played loudly and i just kind of stared at the wall. then some dude ran up to me and high fived me and said he loves my music taste :smile: then of course my mates are cheesy and said i "disturbed the class" :biggrin: fun times

I was on a nice, warm, quiet train at about midnight and there was a couple sat opposite me, all snuggled up and close to falling asleep. Then my phone went off on the table at full volume playing 'Guardians of Asgaard' by Amon Amarth.

They looked like they **** themselves.
Reply 41
awesome :smile: my favourite songs by them have to be wannabe, take a breath, fill me up and mudshovel. i know they're not metal but whatever :colondollar: do you like pantera??? i have mixed opinions on them..

How can anyone not like Pantera? :tongue:
Reply 42
Original post by ManicMetalhead
I was on a nice, warm, quiet train at about midnight and there was a couple sat opposite me, all snuggled up and close to falling asleep. Then my phone went off on the table at full volume playing 'Guardians of Asgaard' by Amon Amarth.

They looked like they **** themselves.

that's amazing, seriously!! here's another, but it's not really metal... back in year 7 (i know so long ago) i was in the science and i had my phone in my blazer pocket and i pressed play with my boob (don't know how!) and welcome to the jungle got me in a lot of bother with the teacher, however classmates were amused :biggrin:
Original post by Nichrome
Well, almost every band posted here thus far (save Behemoth) has been just hard rock or nu-metal (a slightly heavier form of hard rock). There's a thread here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=419196 where most of the metal fans on TSR post. If you trawl back enough there are some great recommendations.

I made some of the recommendations on that other thread :tongue: and I know my genres too.

Behemoth, Nile, Darkthrone, Cattle Decapitation, Suicide Silence (if you can stand Deathcore), Emperor, Cryptopsy, Amon Amarth, Gama Bomb, Corpsessed, Venom, Mayhem, Gorgoroth, Bloodbath, Carcass, Dimmu Borgir.

I could list a load more :tongue:
Reply 44
Original post by Nichrome
Well, almost every band posted here thus far (save Behemoth) has been just hard rock or nu-metal (a slightly heavier form of hard rock). There's a thread here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=419196 where most of the metal fans on TSR post. If you trawl back enough there are some great recommendations.

we've only just got started my lord let us grow :biggrin:
Reply 45
I made some of the recommendations on that other thread :tongue: and I know my genres too.

Behemoth, Nile, Darkthrone, Cattle Decapitation, Suicide Silence (if you can stand Deathcore), Emperor, Cryptopsy, Amon Amarth, Gama Bomb, Corpsessed, Venom, Mayhem, Gorgoroth, Bloodbath, Carcass, Dimmu Borgir.

I could list a load more :tongue:

very sexy bands :biggrin: i'm impressed :smile:
Reply 46
Original post by moonkatt
How can anyone not like Pantera? :tongue:

i know right?? :biggrin:
very sexy bands :biggrin: i'm impressed :smile:

I don't think I've ever heard the word sexy used when describing some of those bands before.
Reply 48
I don't think I've ever heard the word sexy used when describing some of those bands before.

well i'm a strange being, i used to be a goth hahahaha
well i'm a strange being, i used to be a goth hahahaha

my hubby is a goth. Well not that you'd know it to look at him now, but once a goth always a goth at heart really. Fields of The Nephilim, The Cure, Sisters of Mercy.....so on and so forth
Reply 50
Not a thrash fan then?
Bodom and Symphony X are awesome :smile:

What about Mutiny Within? [video="youtube;1PS8t9jrccU"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PS8t9jrccU[/video]

I really could keep going for ages with song recommendations :tongue:

Not really into thrash. That band you linked is quite good just not too fussed on the vocals. If you're into stuff like symphony x though you need to hear twilightning. Hardly anyone have heard of them but they're like the perfect band for me. Delirium veil is their best album so listen to anything on that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jebedee
Not really into thrash. That band you linked is quite good just not too fussed on the vocals. If you're into stuff like symphony x though you need to hear twilightning. Hardly anyone have heard of them but they're like the perfect band for me. Delirium veil is their best album so listen to anything on that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't actually heard of Twilightning, so I'll have to check them out!
I also really like both the Iconoclast and Paradise Lost albums from Symphony X. Serpents Kiss and Iconoclast are my favourite songs from each, although I don't think either album has a bad song on it!
Reply 52
I'm into heavy metal from the 1980s :colondollar: I'm an 80s dude through and through.
Reply 53
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
my hubby is a goth. Well not that you'd know it to look at him now, but once a goth always a goth at heart really. Fields of The Nephilim, The Cure, Sisters of Mercy.....so on and so forth

sooo true! thats awesome :biggrin: whats his name?? it sucks though when i have lost "friends" because they didnt want to be friends with someone who used to be goth :/
Reply 54
Original post by spiral87
I'm into heavy metal from the 1980s :colondollar: I'm an 80s dude through and through.

awesome!! 80s is great :biggrin: \m/
sooo true! thats awesome :biggrin: whats his name?? it sucks though when i have lost "friends" because they didnt want to be friends with someone who used to be goth :/

his names Philip lol. I doubt you know him :tongue: haha

We've both lost friends, simply because people end up doing different things in life and going their own way I guess. Not really anything to do with being alternative, just life in general gets in the way.
Reply 56
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
his names Philip lol. I doubt you know him :tongue: haha

We've both lost friends, simply because people end up doing different things in life and going their own way I guess. Not really anything to do with being alternative, just life in general gets in the way.

haha nice :smile: i agreee life is.. nevermind :smile: well congratulations on having an awesome hubby and i hope your marriage is blessed and you have an amazing life together :smile:
Reply 57
I haven't actually heard of Twilightning, so I'll have to check them out!
I also really like both the Iconoclast and Paradise Lost albums from Symphony X. Serpents Kiss and Iconoclast are my favourite songs from each, although I don't think either album has a bad song on it!

Yeah they're great albums, check out the song walls of Babylon. Best solo ever.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lamptastic
I need to stop listening to Rammstein. All the German I know now seems to be about cannibalism or some other not so savoury stuffs.

So true, I learned my first German from Rammstein too, I could say "I want to cut off your breasts with a blunt knife and serve them with wine" but not "where's the train station"
Original post by james1211
I'm in. Late 90s/early 2000s nu metal mainly. Mostly trying to discover small time american groups from that time.

That's awesome I don't understand why everyone hates it so much, it's very aggressive yet you can still understand the lyrics and doesn't sound like it's made by overgrown ex-D&D nerds. And has big distinctive riffs. Nu-metal did have a brief revival in 2009-10, you may or may not be a bit young to remember, unfortunately it didn't spawn any new bands. Skindred are probably the poster boys for modern experimental metal, I've seen them twice and both were the most fun, mental gigs of my entire life

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending