The Student Room Group

What would the NHS do in this situation

I am born and live in England

I managed while I was crouching down and lifted back up to kind of make a 5cm line dent going across on the side of my head hitting a metal line object

Medical insurance won't cover anything cosmetic

If the skin opens and bleeds, would the NHS operate this and maybe put something in it like a small plate?
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
If it's a big gaping wound, they will close it with sutures/staples. Not quite sure why a metal plate would be needed though.
Reply 2
Original post by black tea
If it's a big gaping wound, they will close it with sutures/staples. Not quite sure why a metal plate would be needed though.

It's caused a dent, something has to replace the bone, but that's why I thought of that

The skin can be closed, but what if there is a gap in the skull, put a plate to cover it
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Analyst89
It's caused a dent, something has to replace the bone, but that's why I thought of that

The skin can be closed, but what if there is a gap in the skull, put a plate to cover it

I very much doubt that there is a gap in the skull
Reply 4
be There may not

Original post by black tea
I very much doubt that there is a gap in the skull

There may not be, the dent is deepish and I feel the bone, the skin could be stiched up if it rips with my eyes open, I've known someone similar to have their skin of their head stiched up while eyes open right there right then, you could see inside the head

Nothing can go and touch the brain

I can feel the skin like paper now, it feels like the later of skin that was there has evaporated and feels gushy

I don't think it's penetrated the bone and I don't think it's a depressed fracture

The worst, maybe they'll put a metal plate to cover a bone fracture
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest