The Student Room Group

Slaughter and May Interview

Hey everyone,

I've got an interview for Slaughter and May coming up. I was just wondering whether anyone on here has had an interview with them recently? If so please could you give me some advice on how to prepare and some info on the interview?

Thank you!!
I had one very recently (Monday). Theres really very little you can do, which is a little frustrating tbh but they really dont like prepared easy answers so i guess thats the deal. What you can do is religiously read the newspapers, as there will be discussion of socio-economic issues, and you'll have a newspaper article to read so it wouldnt hurt to have some understanding of whats going on so that youre not thrown in the deep end. Also your written test is a chance to show some understanding of business/commercial awareness, so read the business section of a paper or the FT.

Other than that, they just dig their nails into ur cv and try and pry it apart. Give ur cv to someone and see what they think or if they can find any weak spots so that u can prepare these. This part of the CV can be a little daunting, as they try to make you sweat a little, but remember that they must like ur CV if they brought u to interview in the first place. so dont get defensive, show them a positive spin.

Other than that the interview is very organic and very hard to predict. You'll just have to wait and see on the day! Anyway I hope it goes well. Mine wasnt exactly perfect, so Im not holding my breath but u never know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending