The Student Room Group

Belgium to allow child euthanasia

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
I agree with it, I don't think its fair that children have to have a drawn out death if they want to die.
Reply 3
I agree with Euthanasia for over 18's but not for kids they simply do not understand the issues how can a 5 or 6 yr old give consent or even understand it a step too far
Euthanasia for everyone who would otherwise die a slow / painful death IMO.
Original post by mikeyd85
Euthanasia for everyone who would otherwise die a slow / painful death IMO.

Why do you think that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sophieleannexo
Why do you think that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm pro-choice. I should have probably phrased it "Euthanasia for everyone who would want it, who would otherwise die a slow / painful death IMO."
About time they put the youth in euthanasia.
Reply 8
Good. Hopefully the idea will spread.
Reply 9
iceberg. tip of.

soon it will be "Euthanasia for children with low IQs... they are unable lead happy productive lives, so it is a kindness to let them go"
Reply 10
I agree with it because firstly, it's not only the child's decision, they have to get consent from their parents, doctors, psychologists. It has to be repeatedly requested for it to be considered, also the child has to be terminally ill. So the process in itself isn't easy to get through and child would die a slow painful death if Euthanasia wasn't there.

People think this applies to all sick children. It's only terminally ill children, check your facts.
As I understand it they have just removed the blanket ban. Obviously any case will be carefully and individually considered. These are so rare that it doesn't make sense to have an absolute law removed from the reality of it. Its removal simply allows the issue to be brought to court.

Personally I don't remotely like the idea of child euthanasia. However, I can see that there might be some obscure cases where it really is necessary. I just hope there are strict regulations in place to prevent any misuse.
Original post by the bear
iceberg. tip of.

soon it will be "Euthanasia for children with low IQs... they are unable lead happy productive lives, so it is a kindness to let them go"

Um no, it won't.
Reply 13
Original post by manchesterunited15
Um no, it won't.

umm yes, it will
umm yes, it will

It's a ridiculous suggestion that would never get through the courts. The slippery slope argument is a **** argument is almost every case. Do you oppose gay marriage because "before you know it we'll all be shagging sheep"?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by manchesterunited15
It's a ridiculous suggestion that would never get through the courts. The slippery slope argument is a **** argument is almost every case. Do you oppose gay marriage because "before you know it we'll all be shagging sheep"?

no i oppose shagging sheep because before you know it we will allow gay marriage
no i oppose shagging sheep because before you know it we will allow gay marriage

Okay buddy
Reply 17
iceberg. tip of.

slippery slope arguments don't work.
Reply 18
Original post by tehforum
slippery slope arguments don't work.

well in thirty years it will be my painful duty to say

Spoiler

Reply 19
well in thirty years it will be my painful duty to say

Spoiler

I hope I won't be on TSR in 30 years time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending