The Student Room Group

Postgrad Speech & Language Therapy 2015 Entry (PG Dip/MSc)

Scroll to see replies

Yes living in London is a good experience :smile:

By the way, if Linguistics people haven't already then look up this, it's rather amazing:

λ♥[love] (Linguistics Love Song): http://youtu.be/mktl_7Hr4GA
Reply 181
Good luck everyone with interviews this week! Mine's not for another couple of weeks, but still getting nervous! :smile:
Reply 182
Has anyone heard from the City yet?
Reply 183
Original post by Srdja

City told me they will be responding to applicants 'in the new year' so could be any time now.
Reply 184
Ok, thanks!
Reply 185
Original post by Srdja

Original post by issy-rc
City told me they will be responding to applicants 'in the new year' so could be any time now.

Application details said that we should hear by the 9th. Almost all universities close over the Christmas period so the first working day back was the 5th (yesterday).

As to both City and QMU... do they have an applicant portal? I'm sitting here, twiddling my thumbs and wondering if everything got through to them alright!
Reply 186
Original post by Snikle

As to both City and QMU... do they have an applicant portal? I'm sitting here, twiddling my thumbs and wondering if everything got through to them alright!

City has a portal, the link to it is in the application guide I think. It's pretty basic though!
Original post by Snikle
Application details said that we should hear by the 9th. Almost all universities close over the Christmas period so the first working day back was the 5th (yesterday).

Hi there - QMU doesn't have an applicant portal available currently (it is in development so not yet live I'm afraid). If you'd like to check the status of an application though you can email our admissions team ([email protected]) at any time. Best of luck with your applications!
Charlotte (TSR Official QMU Rep)
I'm so pleased I found a forum for this, as I've got an interview with UCL next week and I'm terrified! Don't know what to expect at all. I'm assuming they're not expecting huge amount of specific knowledge, but the whole video thing is putting me off a bit... Anyone know what kind of thing to expect? I'm a music graduate, so pretty much all my SLT knowledge comes from a limited amount of reading I've done.
Had my UCL interview yesterday and no need to panic at all!!
Original post by KimberleeJT
Had my UCL interview yesterday and no need to panic at all!!

Thank-you for sharing this. Is there anything we could prepare for / do you know what they are looking for?
x
I took the interview as being more about you as a person and your general observational skills and initiative :smile: I did tonnes of research and used practically none of it haha!
Still nothing from city :frown: keep seeing a message pop up and being disappointed, damn you groupon...

How about you guys?? May the odds be ever in your favour

Xx
Reply 193
Original post by rosie_ribbons
Still nothing from city :frown: keep seeing a message pop up and being disappointed, damn you groupon...

How about you guys?? May the odds be ever in your favour

Xx

I gave City a call about an hour ago with a general "will rejected people find out today too?" type question and the woman on the phone said that everyone would find out today. I can only assume, then, that we will all find out today, successful or otherwise ^.^

Good luck to all - the wait is finally over :smile: I think after being rejected from four places, I'm not holding out any hope!
Original post by Snikle
I gave City a call about an hour ago with a general "will rejected people find out today too?" type question and the woman on the phone said that everyone would find out today. I can only assume, then, that we will all find out today, successful or otherwise ^.^

Good luck to all - the wait is finally over :smile: I think after being rejected from four places, I'm not holding out any hope!

That is really good to know, thank you very much for calling them!

I don't hold out much hope either, but no matter how much I prepare myself for rejection, it will be just as difficult!

If we are rejected we need to work out why and come back stronger next year :smile:

I only applied to city and MMU as I am a final year student, so lots of eggs, only 2 baskets... I can only expect the worst! haha.

xx
Interview at City :biggrin:
Original post by eve1293
Interview at City :biggrin:

WELL DONE! You must be so pleased :smile: It is friday, so have a glass of bubbly celebrate!!

Have they given you a date yet?
(edited 9 years ago)
I had my interview at UCL on Wednesday, so hard to tell how it went, they don't give much away 🙈

Good luck to everyone who's waiting to hear from city today!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 198
I also got an interview for city.. but i just wanted to know what is the general number of people shortlisted.. how many people am i up against in this stage? Does anyone have information about this from previous years
Original post by baharx
I also got an interview for city.. but i just wanted to know what is the general number of people shortlisted.. how many people am i up against in this stage? Does anyone have information about this from previous years

In that podcast from a few years ago they said that they had
"680 applicants of which 600 made the first cut" but I dont think that could possibly mean they interviewed 600 :s-smilie:

(p.s. congratulations!! :biggrin:)
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending