The Student Room Group

NERC and BBSRC DTP PhD 2024

Hey, has anyone applied to any DTPs? I've applied to a few NERC (London, ACCE, E4, QUADRAT) and BBSRC (eastbio, swbio) funded ones. I thought I would start a thread for this year :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lainalangridge
Hey, has anyone applied to any DTPs? I've applied to a few NERC (London, ACCE, E4, QUADRAT) and BBSRC (eastbio, swbio) funded ones. I thought I would start a thread for this year :smile:

Hi, I've applied for the London DTP. Nothing yet. Judging by the thread from previous years if and any news can still take a few weeks.
Original post by wandabodnar
Hi, I've applied for the London DTP. Nothing yet. Judging by the thread from previous years if and any news can still take a few weeks.

Hiya, which theme did you apply for? Yeah from previous threads, hopefully we will hear in the first couple of weeks of Feb. Have you seen any threads which give info about the interview e.g., do we give a presentation? Were the questions quite nice? I am struggling to find information about it.
Pollution. You? Yes have come across a few about possible questions though may not have been the London DTP. Tbh I only want to start to look into more when there is an invitation. 🙂
Reply 4

Hi! I applied for a CENTA DTP. From other threads I think end of Jan to early Feb is around the time people start to get interview invitations for CENTA but I've not heard anything personally.
Reply 5
Original post by adgyjs
Hi! I applied for a CENTA DTP. From other threads I think end of Jan to early Feb is around the time people start to get interview invitations for CENTA but I've not heard anything personally.

Yeah I've also applied to CENTA DTP, not had any interview invitation yet. Same with London NERC DTP.
I've applied to a few BBSRC DTPs: Manchester, Oxford, and LiDO 🙂
Original post by wandabodnar
Pollution. You? Yes have come across a few about possible questions though may not have been the London DTP. Tbh I only want to start to look into more when there is an invitation. 🙂

Yeah, it makes sense! No point worrying until we have the interviews haha. I applied for biodiversity and conservation
Original post by adgyjs

I think I am too eager to find out so getting impatient haha! Good luck 😀
Original post by jamesl2018
Yeah I've also applied to CENTA DTP, not had any interview invitation yet. Same with London NERC DTP.

Good luck! Let me know if you hear back (especially for the London one) 🙂
Original post by chanye.west

ah nice! Good luck 🙂
Reply 11
I also applied for E4 for a biodiversity one, but I am an international student which means it is more competitive to get an interview/the studentship…I guess we might not get any response till early even mid Feb?
Original post by 21alex
I also applied for E4 for a biodiversity one, but I am an international student which means it is more competitive to get an interview/the studentship…I guess we might not get any response till early even mid Feb?

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that for the E4 one they will let applicants know if they've been successful for an interview, or unsuccessful by the 15th Feb latest. I like it when they give you a rough timeline of when we can expect to hear back
Reply 13
I am pretty sure I read somewhere that for the E4 one they will let applicants know if they've been successful for an interview, or unsuccessful by the 15th Feb latest. I like it when they give you a rough timeline of when we can expect to hear back

Oh yes, it’s on their website. Good luck :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by chanye.west

Have you heard anything back from Manchester yet?
Original post by samguttr
Have you heard anything back from Manchester yet?

Haven't heard from admissions yet but I have been in contact with the supervisors of the advertised project I applied to. I think the supervisors will be the ones to shortlist who they want interviewed, so if you've left a good impression I'm sure you'll at least be invited to an interview!
I applied for an EastBio DTP project but have not heard back. Has anyone heard if invitations for interviews have been offered yet as interviews are supposed to take place in "early February"?
Original post by a.e.gabriel
I applied for an EastBio DTP project but have not heard back. Has anyone heard if invitations for interviews have been offered yet as interviews are supposed to take place in "early February"?

I applied for the EASTBIO DTP programme and received an invitation for an interview last Thursday.
Original post by HappySteak
I applied for the EASTBIO DTP programme and received an invitation for an interview last Thursday.

Ah! Congrats and best of luck! (:
Reply 19

Hi, I applied for the London one too (Past Life and Environments) also SWBio but I think we might hear back in the next couple weeks?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending