The Student Room Group

LIDO DTP 2024 Interview

Hey!
I was just shortlisted for interview for the Lido programme and was wondering if anyone here has been through one of their interviews and could tell me about about it. What sort of things do they ask?
It will be my first PhD interview and the programme is so broad that I really dont know what they will ask. I can only assume some typical questions?

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I thought they would send the interviews on the 12th of February (today). That is what their mail said, you got an early one?
Reply 2
Original post by Ecemlser244
Hi, I thought they would send the interviews on the 12th of February (today). That is what their mail said, you got an early one?

Hello!I know, I was also expecting that date but I got an email last week, I am not sure if they sent all the invites or just some of them. I am sure you still have a chance! Is it your first time applying?
Original post by Jd1216
Hello!I know, I was also expecting that date but I got an email last week, I am not sure if they sent all the invites or just some of them. I am sure you still have a chance! Is it your first time applying?

Yes it is and honestly I hoped it’d work but now I’m unsure
Got an email from Nadine Mogford about how all offers for interview has been made. I did not get a separate email about shortlisting outcomes, so does this mean I have not been invited for an interview?
Reply 5
Original post by chanye.west
Got an email from Nadine Mogford about how all offers for interview has been made. I did not get a separate email about shortlisting outcomes, so does this mean I have not been invited for an interview?

I think so....
Original post by Lucyqw
I think so....

Ah that's a shame... Did you get an invite?
Hey all,
I also got an invite for the interview and was wondering if any of you had have an interview for a PhD and can provide advice. I also would be happy to practice with any one who got offered before our interviews.
Reply 8
Anyone else whose been shortlisted for shortlisting (😂) for any iCASE projects, following the DTP interview? Hopefully this is promising news for being accepted by the main programme🤞
anyone heard back about dtp? i know they said they're gonna send out offers this week but they did also send out interview offers before the 12th like they originally said, so wondering if anyone heard back on friday
Reply 10
Original post by falselyincognito
anyone heard back about dtp? i know they said they're gonna send out offers this week but they did also send out interview offers before the 12th like they originally said, so wondering if anyone heard back on friday
i haven't heard yet either, weird that they sent out icase shortlistings. I applied to icase as well and did not get invited for interview so Im assuming my score isnt enough for dtp either?
Reply 11
Nothing yet regarding the DTP. I received another two emails about being recommended for iCASE shortlistings this morning (9.30) and how to go about an interview if we are invited - so the admissions department is definitely working on things today.
Reply 12
Just received another couple of emails saying Royal Holloway and NRI will make their offers later this week - academic leads are currently reviewing applications - so it might be the same for the other tethered offers
just received a tethered offer from ucl! so you are definitely right that things are being sent out lol, good luck on hearing back if you haven't yet :smile:
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 14
just received a tethered offer from ucl! so you are definitely right that things are being sent out lol, good luck on hearing back if you haven't yet :smile:
Agh, congratulations!! 🥳
Original post by IBIndy
Agh, congratulations!! 🥳
thank you!!!
Was anyone asked to explain a procedure from their wetlab skills
Well done!
Original post by IBIndy
Anyone else whose been shortlisted for shortlisting (😂) for any iCASE projects, following the DTP interview? Hopefully this is promising news for being accepted by the main programme🤞
Hi, I have also been shortlisted for a few iCase projects but I have not had confirmation for the DTP interview.
Hey all,
For those that have received a tethered offer, did you have your interview on the 20th?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending