The Student Room Group

Postgrad Speech & Language Therapy 2015 Entry (PG Dip/MSc)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eve1293
Could you link it? I can't find it!

Sorry - This should take you straight to it:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1562475010661130/?ref=ts&fref=ts
Original post by miranda1991
Can you post a link to the facebook group? I can't seem to find it!

Sorry - Here it is :smile:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1562475010661130/?ref=ts&fref=ts
Reply 382
When do we hear back from city?
I have heard that if you are on the waiting list and then get turned down you are automatically offered a place for the following year. Is this true? How do you know this?
Original post by emz_11
When do we hear back from city?
I have heard that if you are on the waiting list and then get turned down you are automatically offered a place for the following year. Is this true? How do you know this?

That has been true the last few years. I am in my first year at city and it was the case this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was on the waiting list last year and deferred to this year. I spoke to City recently and they will be sending emails out in May
Reply 385
I rang Essex today and they will be letting us know by the end of the week. City also told me around 2 weeks ago that we will be finding out early March.
I've been looking into NHS bursaries now it's finally dawned on me I'm quitting my job for 2 years lol. Does anyone know how many 'weeks in attendance' courses usually are to get an idea of extra weeks on the bursary calculator? Thanks :smile:
Original post by shell489
I've been looking into NHS bursaries now it's finally dawned on me I'm quitting my job for 2 years lol. Does anyone know how many 'weeks in attendance' courses usually are to get an idea of extra weeks on the bursary calculator? Thanks :smile:

City's course is 39 weeks; think it is similar for other universities too :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 388
I have just been offered a place at city! :smile:
Hello

I am new year to the board. Congrats to all those who have confirmed a spot in the respective unis !

Just wanted to ask if anyone can comment on the university of essex course? Do the program differ by that much from other universities ? Thank you !
Reply 390
Original post by moak11
I have just been offered a place at city! :smile:

Have city sent out emails then? Still haven't heard from them :frown:. When did you have yor interview?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 391
Hey Clair!

Thanks for the info! So it looks like we'll be waiting another while for any emails :-( ! It feels like we've been waiting for forever at this stage!
Anybody else on the 'waiting list' for City? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 393
I haven't even had an email yet :frown:. When did City send the emails out?
My 'waiting list' email was at 15:50 today! Hope it comes through for you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey

On the 'waiting list' for city too :frown: but I do have an interview at Essex tomorrow!

Does anyone know if you are able to find out where on the list you are? I wonder what the liklihood of getting a place is...

X
Reply 396
Hi guys! I got my offer from city at around 12.30 today! Had my interview on the first day of it, so over a month ago now!
Reply 397
Do they send emails out at different times? Has anyone been turned down by city?
Hi i received an email saying i had been accepted by city today! has anyone else been accepted? does anyone know if theres a Facebook group or anything?
Original post by Katie-1xo
Hey

On the 'waiting list' for city too :frown: but I do have an interview at Essex tomorrow!

Does anyone know if you are able to find out where on the list you are? I wonder what the liklihood of getting a place is...

X

Cool.. I did email them to ask if they could say where on the list I was, so I'll let you know if they're able to. They'll probably say 'we don't disclose that' or something, but I'll let you know when they do get back to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending