The Student Room Group

Letter of poor attendance

Didn't even think I had terrible attendance but I'm now having an email saying they're watching my attendance record and further action will be taken if I don't up my game because this is a serious matter
What do I do?
Original post by Riku
Didn't even think I had terrible attendance but I'm now having an email saying they're watching my attendance record and further action will be taken if I don't up my game because this is a serious matter
What do I do?

Start attending everything I would assume.
Original post by pinkbullets
Start attending everything I would assume.

^ This

Is there any particular reason why you haven't been attending?
Reply 3
Original post by Origami Bullets
^ This

Is there any particular reason why you haven't been attending?

For a week or so, depression from breakup but I still went in for most of them; once after that, I prioritised a deadline over a lecture. Today, I missed a seminar because I stayed up late, and now I'm giving that habit up for Lent. Beyond this, I don't know, but it's apparently serious now. Although my Learning Mentor says I shouldn't worry too much it';ll be protocol
Original post by Riku
For a week or so, depression from breakup but I still went in for most of them; once after that, I prioritised a deadline over a lecture. Today, I missed a seminar because I stayed up late, and now I'm giving that habit up for Lent. Beyond this, I don't know, but it's apparently serious now. Although my Learning Mentor says I shouldn't worry too much it';ll be protocol

Best get back to actually turning up then....
Reply 5
I'm trying to improve my attendance at the moment too, I always think it's best to keep good communication with your Uni. If you have a problem which prevents you going in, make the effort to email them, and make the effort to point out that you are aware that it's a problem and that you are working on improving your attendance. That's what I've done and I'm getting that little bit of support and encouragement as a result!
Reply 6
If you have legit reasons for not attending fair enough, but let them know in advance you won't be able to make it. But if you don't go because you stayed up late, well, I'm not surprised they're monitoring you.

Just attend lectures. Once they see you're going they'll leave you alone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you told them why you're missing classes? My lecturers are fine with non attendance if you notify them in advance, even if it's to finish an essay like you have admitted to doing. However if you miss several classes and don't bother to say why they will be on to you like a flash, and rightly so.
Reply 8
Original post by sr90
Have you told them why you're missing classes? My lecturers are fine with non attendance if you notify them in advance, even if it's to finish an essay like you have admitted to doing. However if you miss several classes and don't bother to say why they will be on to you like a flash, and rightly so.

Yeah I emailed my English tutor to apologise for my absence at the tutorial the other day. I haven't explainedfor everyone, although I saw another tutor (History) who sort of joked 'haven't seen you at many of the 9am lectures :wink:', ended up explaining a breakup left me feeling ****ty for a week or two. They were sympathetic. Since been going back to 9am lectures, although not 100% over breakup.
Thought I missed a seminar and got myself into **** today but turns out it's not on this week :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending