The Student Room Group

Student Finance Loan Overpayment

Hello,
On the 05/03/24, I withdraw from my course. A few days ago, I recieved a letter that I have been I have been 'overpaid' from the maintenance loan that I recieved on the 15th of January.

I would like to know whether this overpayment is as a result from me withdrawing from my course early and as a result in me having to pay the overpayment fee since I will not utilize the rest of the second loan till my third loan which is on the 22nd of April or if it there is another reason for this.

Thanks.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by BioVio
Hello,
On the 05/03/24, I withdraw from my course. A few days ago, I recieved a letter that I have been I have been 'overpaid' from the maintenance loan that I recieved on the 15th of January.
I would like to know whether this overpayment is as a result from me withdrawing from my course early and as a result in me having to pay the overpayment fee since I will not utilize the rest of the second loan till my third loan which is on the 22nd of April or if it there is another reason for this.
Thanks.

Hi there,

If you have withdrawn from your course, normally the overpayment is due to that. The university tell us the date you last attended and we use this to work out what you should have been paid for the length of time you attended.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,
If you have withdrawn from your course, normally the overpayment is due to that. The university tell us the date you last attended and we use this to work out what you should have been paid for the length of time you attended.
Thanks,
Claire

Hello, how exactly is the overpayment fee calculated?

Thanks.
Original post by BioVio
Hello, how exactly is the overpayment fee calculated?
Thanks.

The university tell us the date you last attended and we use this to work out what you should have been paid for the length of time you attended. Anything over this is classed as an overpayment. You would then be sent a letter to advise of this.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending