The Student Room Group

CGP or Nelson Thornes AQA Science

I was just wondering what the best way to revise is considering exams are around the corner.

My friends in school say CGP Revision Guide is the best way to learn just read it over 2-3 times and some say read the Nelson Thornes Text Book.

I really don't know what to do and was just wondering if anyone has any advice on which is the best book to use for revision for AQA Science and also how to revise...

I prefer the Nelson Thornes book, but that's just my opinion.

I use flashcards so I go through the specification and write a question on one side and the answer on the other.
Reply 2
I find the CGP Revision Guides to be very good, they helped me to get an A* last year for core science. However, the Nelson Thornes revision guides helped a lot of my friends to achieve the same grade so it seems both are good. I'd also suggest using the youtube channel mygcsescience and doing past papers.
i got an A in my chemistry and biology mock from just using the nelson thornes revision guide (not the text book) but i've never got an A* which is what i'm aiming for. I bought CGP revision books just in case, I've heard they're good but I haven't actually opened it yet haha :smile: i'm guessing either one is good and make sure to do past papers

Quick Reply

Latest