The Student Room Group

Dropping a subject after ucas help?

All of my universities have made me offers based on 3 subjects; and I'm currently doing 4 so I want to drop ICT so that I can concentrate on STEP and my other a levels. I rang up all the universities today to ask if it was alight to drop one they all said it was all right; and I'm intending to ring up ucas tomorrow to ask them to amend my ucas form, however someone told me that if they change it the universities will automatically rescind my offers. And now im worried any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Original post by john821
All of my universities have made me offers based on 3 subjects; and I'm currently doing 4 so I want to drop ICT so that I can concentrate on STEP and my other a levels. I rang up all the universities today to ask if it was alight to drop one they all said it was all right; and I'm intending to ring up ucas tomorrow to ask them to amend my ucas form, however someone told me that if they change it the universities will automatically rescind my offers. And now im worried any advise would be greatly appreciated.

So you have rung up all your universities and they have told you directly and specifically that it will be fine for you personally to do this in these circumstances, and yet you are believing someone who DOESN'T work for any of those universities when they say it won't be ok? Am I right in assuming that?
Reply 2
Original post by carnationlilyrose
So you have rung up all your universities and they have told you directly and specifically that it will be fine for you personally to do this in these circumstances, and yet you are believing someone who DOESN'T work for any of those universities when they say it won't be ok? Am I right in assuming that?

Yes but it was one of my teachers who told me otherwise so I'm not sure what to think. I know logically your right but it is a bit worrying that my teacher seems to think otherwise.
Original post by john821
Yes but it was one of my teachers who told me otherwise so I'm not sure what to think. I know logically your right but it is a bit worrying that my teacher seems to think otherwise.

Well, I'm a teacher myself, so I hate to sound disloyal, but really, if all 4 told you it was fine, I think they are to be listened to. Certainly it is true that you could have your offers revoked if you drop a subject you said you were taking when they made you the offer without telling them, but that isn't your situation. As long as you have told them and they are fine with it, there will be no consequences. Of course, there is another agenda here, which is that your teacher may be trying to stop you dropping the subject, and that is another issue entirely.
Reply 4
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Well, I'm a teacher myself, so I hate to sound disloyal, but really, if all 4 told you it was fine, I think they are to be listened to. Certainly it is true that you could have your offers revoked if you drop a subject you said you were taking when they made you the offer without telling them, but that isn't your situation. As long as you have told them and they are fine with it, there will be no consequences. Of course, there is another agenda here, which is that your teacher may be trying to stop you dropping the subject, and that is another issue entirely.

Thanks for the reassurances; I feel much more confident about dropping ICT now. And as for why my teacher is trying to stop me dropping it I have no idea.
Original post by john821

Was it by any chance your ICT teacher?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending