The Student Room Group

is it worth me clearing?

Hi there i received grades BCD at a level which is a lot lower than i was hoping for, i am wondering if it is worth me trying to get into an accounting course in the university of nottingham through clearing? or is this close to impossible, the required grades are currently AAA but i know they are probably subject to change after results day, any feedback would be appreciated and any tips :smile: thanks
Original post by sammythebot
Hi there i received grades BCD at a level which is a lot lower than i was hoping for, i am wondering if it is worth me trying to get into an accounting course in the university of nottingham through clearing? or is this close to impossible, the required grades are currently AAA but i know they are probably subject to change after results day, any feedback would be appreciated and any tips :smile: thanks

There's no guarantee that Nottingham will drop the grades after results day, and if they do it might not be to the BCD level. Are there any other unis you would consider for your course?
Reply 2
Original post by normaw
There's no guarantee that Nottingham will drop the grades after results day, and if they do it might not be to the BCD level. Are there any other unis you would consider for your course?

Hi there, i am currently studying at NTU right now, so it would have to be UON, thank you for the feedback i know its quite a long shot i was just wondering how lenient they can be with grades, its also worth a shot in my opinion as there is nothing to lose :smile:
Hi there, i am currently studying at NTU right now, so it would have to be UON, thank you for the feedback i know its quite a long shot i was just wondering how lenient they can be with grades, its also worth a shot in my opinion as there is nothing to lose :smile:

Have you passed your first year at NTU? Are you willing to restart from first year?

Sometimes universities will count your undergraduate credit/CertHE in addition to your A levels for year 1 entry
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Have you passed your first year at NTU? Are you willing to restart from first year?

Sometimes universities will count your undergraduate credit/CertHE in addition to your A levels for year 1 entry

Hi there, yes i did pass my first year :smile: ok thank you for the heads up, do you have any advice regarding what i have to do with my UCAS and personal statement?
Hi there, yes i did pass my first year :smile: ok thank you for the heads up, do you have any advice regarding what i have to do with my UCAS and personal statement?

You’ll need a PS but you can reuse some content from your old one.

You’ll also probably need a reference - ring up Nottingham first though and see if they’ll consider you with your certHE + A levels for year 1 entry through clearing.
Reply 6
Original post by PQ

You’ll need a PS but you can reuse some content from your old one.

You’ll also probably need a reference - ring up Nottingham first though and see if they’ll consider you with your certHE + A levels for year 1 entry through clearing.

thank you for the help i really appreciate it
Reply 7
Original post by normaw

Hey norm,

I was wondering if some universities like LiverPool, Manchester, or even Newcastle would typically be leniant by reducing their grade requirements. most need AAB/ABB and I got BBCC, I do also have work experience/internships at PWC, BAKER TILLY AND other financial services.
Original post by louijsc
Hey norm,

I was wondering if some universities like LiverPool, Manchester, or even Newcastle would typically be leniant by reducing their grade requirements. most need AAB/ABB and I got BBCC, I do also have work experience/internships at PWC, BAKER TILLY AND other financial services.

What does it say on their websites?

There’s likely to be plenty of universities/courses willing to accept BBCC but you might need to look beyond the obvious options

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending