The Student Room Group

Uni Exams!! how often/long/when do you start revising?

I'm a first year student my exams are in just over 2 months held from May 21 - June 5th. I am going to have six exams in the period - 3 of them are 3 hours 3 of them are 2 hours - which totals about 15 hours altogether!

Was just wondering when I should start revising (I mean proper revision - not a casual 15 minute glance) leading up to the exams?

Also how long I should be revising each day (I understand this can vary depending on the days/weeks you are away from the exam)

And also do you revise everyday or have a break.

I know this is my first year but I also want to do postgrad as well - so I would preferably like a 2.1. I'm doing joint honours. In my coursework for Politics I received an average of 65. In my other course I would say its just about a first class. However I think I am a much better performer when it comes to coursework - as it takes me time to think before I actually write. So how much would you recommend?
Hey,

I will tell you the best way to revise.

In every subject, there will be few topics which you are confident about and few topics in which you struggle.

Try to master the topics you are confident in and you may ignore revising it just before your exams.

Topics in which you struggle, revise only them just before your exams.

This way you will remember tough topics and the easy topics you have already mastered.

Happy to help
EduIntellect
facebook.com/eduintellect

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending