The Student Room Group

Who do you dsilike more, Arsenal fans or Liverpool fans?

Scroll to see replies

The dippers. The Arsenal fans on this forum are far worse though, the Liverpool lot aren't bad.
Obviously the dippers. Arsenal fans are fun to take the piss out of but on a whole are annoying but a decent bunch. Liverpool fans are just unbearable though.

Not sure about chelsea fans. Know a few who are good fellas.
Original post by Mackay

Chelsea fans are another level of annoying, though.

A lot of them are fairly decent but most are just arrogant, stuck up annoying ****s. Tbh, around 90% of people I know/friends are Chelsea supporters so I guess I could be generalising :s-smilie:.

~~~

I don't get why everyone hates Liverpool fans though (although considering I only know around a handful of guys that support Liverpool, my judgement is probably pretty bad) ; the Liverpool supporters are probably the best and most passionate I've met. In general I absoloutly love the passion and dedication the fans give to their team, it's what other teams fans should be doing too. I like Newcastle supporters too. I strongly dislike the United supporters I know, especially considering most of them have STOPPED SUPPORTING UNITED and instead started to support City :O!?! It's absolutely mental! But I guess the proper United fans aren't that bad. Only know a small amount of city supporters who are all right. Buy yeah, what's so bad about Arsenal supporters and Pool supporters?
Reply 23
Original post by mojojojo101
Liverpool fans without a doubt, it probably extends to scousers in general though.

shhhhh no tears, only Moyes now
See I actually think both sets of fans are pretty good. On tsr though without a doubt it's the god damn arsenal fans but irl they are fine.
Liverpool fan, so I can't give an unbiased opinion on our set of supporters. Have some of the best spirit in the country, without a doubt, though we do go overboard at times.

I actually think most Arsenal fans are sound (barring the boo happy lot at the Emirates at times).

I actually don't mind any set of supporters barring Everton (deluded beyond help), the glory hunting ones who follow United and Chelsea fans who thinks the world began in 2004, and think Frank Lampard is from their youth academy:lol:.
Original post by Zürich
Liverpool fans are a bit cringe, have a unique victim-hood complex and have alot of insecurities that come out when they do well. Arsenal fans have a sense of inherent superiority that makes us patronising and dismissive of clubs who dont have the same perceived integrity/tradition.

I'm a Liverpool fan and I agree with all of this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Liverpool are by far worse, now that they're doing well the delusion is starting to come out. When they weren't doing as well, they were a bit more humble but I always said it takes one season and it'll return. They're already saying Suarez is better than Henry, I don't think some of them really watched Henry.
(edited 10 years ago)
Arsenal by far. You can't beat the level of support Liverpool give their team, especially the YNWA song. When I watch Arsenal on the TV I can't help but note their stadium is practically dead. And it definitely doesn't take them long to turn on their own team.
Reply 29
Most of the fans on TSR are either Man Utd or Arsenal fans so you'll always get a bias response on here.

On TSR, the Arsenal fans are painful but generally I've found them to be a more knowledgeable bunch.
On here, it has to be the Arsenal fans

As a Chelsea fan, there's always 3 or 4 on our forums that just talk rubbish. About how they're the pride of London and how they epitomise class as a football club. They complain about how clubs like Chelsea and Man City ruin football when the truth is if you have a rich owner, you would want him to spend money. Besides, the league is far more competitive now. United would've run away with 3 or 4 more league titles than they already have if it wasn't for us or City. Ferguson is just a winner. Simple as

The Arsenal fans have been pretty quiet recently though, so I'll lay off them.

Liverpool fans are increasingly nostalgic and are the ones I know in real life have been quite a deluded bunch, especially in the last 5 years where they haven't been in the Champions League.

Funny how Chelsea fans get brought into this when it's about Liverpool or Arsenal fans. Like I care though :lol:
Reply 31
Original post by Kruz
Liverpool are by far worse, now that they're doing well the delusion is starting to come out. When they weren't doing as well, they were a bit more humble but I always said it takes one season and it'll return. They're already saying Suarez is better than Henry, I don't think some of them really watched Henry.

Not surprising.
Original post by trrr
Not surprising.

Soon enough it'll be Daniel Sturridge is better than Henry
Liverpool fans are annoying but they don't make my skin crawl nearly as much as Yanited and Chelsea fans.
Cant get a very fair response considering most of TSR are Arsenal fans which might explain why they have such a high percentage if nutters :rofl:
Reply 35
Liverpool fans. Great club, but my gosh some of them are so delusional.
Reply 36
Original post by trrr
Liverpool fans are just....

actually looks alot like my boss, who coincidentally is a Liverpool supporter :tongue:
Reply 37
Original post by 9MmBulletz
On here, it has to be the Arsenal fans
The Arsenal fans have been pretty quiet recently though, so I'll lay off them.

Dunno why tbh. Surely because we lost to Villa I'm sure they were trolling us, nothing recently that's extremely surprising has happened for them to be so quiet anyway.

They're still in the title race if they can beat City personally :redface:
Reply 38
Original post by Kruz
Soon enough it'll be Daniel Sturridge is better than Henry

Suarez this season has been better than Henry though. It's not even a comparison or an argument here to be made.

Doubt they'd do that. Although he scores loads of goals, potentially if he keeps it up he could become around his level. Think he even said he modelled his game a bit around henry, since Henry started on the wing and became a striker.

I remember Arsenal fans saying Walcott was better than Sturridge anyway and people comparing Walcott to Bale in terms of stats to say they're around the same level.
Original post by Dogwithwings
Obviously the dippers. Arsenal fans are fun to take the piss out of but on a whole are annoying but a decent bunch. Liverpool fans are just unbearable though.

Not sure about chelsea fans. Know a few who are good fellas.

Personally the people I know in real life who are Chelsea fans aren't even that bad. Maybe a few less knowledgable but not really that arrogant.

I'm probably unbearable to other fans irl, but most of the time I'm speaking the truth and they just can't handle it. Surprisingly enough most of those guys who complain about me being biased come to me for football knowledge nowadays when I was being called deluded earlier in the season. :dontknow:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 39
I just hate Liverpool fans, the sense of entitlement, the arrogance, the dwelling on history. I'm praying Jose wins the league. Steven Gerrard is one of the biggest ***** since the PL began. Hope he doesn't get a winners medal. Suarez will go to Real Madrid in Summer if they don't win the league, then it will all unravel. - Exception of Luke on here, he's a great guy.

Arsenal fans (can be) annoying. The way they treated Robin van Persie was horrible. But Arsene is a great guy and they are just frustrated. I wish them well.

Chelsea fans are always really decent people in real life, and on this forum as well. Wish them well. I worked with a guy and his comedy about Chelsea was brilliant.

I don't see Manchester City as a football club, I see it more as a financial project, an experiment. I was interested to read the comments of Season Ticket holders who'd been going 15 years who found it hard to accept the fickleness of some of the more 'modern supporters'. There fans are quiet nice to me.

As for Manchester United fans, they are a mixed bag. Most of them on here and in real are decent people, that have become accustomed to success. The ones that defend David Moyes are idiots.

Quick Reply

Latest