The Student Room Group
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath

Creative Writing Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by Chidori96
It's for both unis and is only for events going on in the clubs down in the city! The Bath Spa SU freshers wristbands are the ones that go on sale later this month/September.

I can't actually afford the city wristband so I'm only planning on getting an SU one when they are released! xD

I got a wristband for week one but I can't afford week 2 as well, plus I'm sure I'll be exhausted by then!
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath
Original post by Liz86
I got a wristband for week one but I can't afford week 2 as well, plus I'm sure I'll be exhausted by then!

I'm still debating. Week 2 has a Willy Wonka party with real oompa loompas, and a pizza party with free Dominoes Pizza all night! ><

I might just say 'screw it' and buy the week 1 wristband, but I don't want to buy that and then find out the SU wristbands are really expensive. :<
Original post by LittleInnocence
Sorry, didn't mean to confuddle you (great word, i use confusle!) I'm sure you'll find out when you move in! :smile:

True, true :smile: I'm just a very impatient person! :smile: and confusle? That's a new one on me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maisyrees
Guys are we all going to post picture of us so we can see what eachother look like in case we do decide to do that meet up thing?

I'm not very happy at posting a photo of myself online but I'm happy to do a description :smile: And I can update it with clothes on the day to make it easier?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 584
You should do it like they did in Utopia where they all arrange to meet and they know each other because they all arranged to wear a blue top. Or something like that...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well the ones who are happy to post a picture (I have no problem with it) can do that, and the ones who aren't could do a description? Does that seem okay? Or should we all do the same thing?
Well the ones who are happy to post a picture (I have no problem with it) can do that, and the ones who aren't could do a description? Does that seem okay? Or should we all do the same thing?

That seems good!
Wow lots of posts since I was last on here!

I'm not sure about events in the city as the tickets are quite expensive, but I don't want to miss out on any opportunities either :/ I may just buy an SU wristband and can always have my first 'club experience' another time, but then again it is Freshers week and you know, YOLO! :biggrin: - there's 2 weeks of club events in the city?

Also, @Pavarotti I'm the same, I'm not too comfortable posting a photo of myself either. At least on here, on Facebook, it's fine, but I don't really post that many photos anyway. All the photos that are on my profile are ones I'm tagged in! :biggrin:

I think that once this book barn meet up is actually happening - because I want it to, I think it's a great idea - date, time etc, then I'll post a description of myself, does that sound OK?

Also, just wanted to let you guys know, I was thinking of getting Twitter so I could follow you guys and Bath Spa university and what not and the Student Union pres has posted a video with updates. He said about freshers and how there would be like a campfire event during the day (hope that's right something like that) that sounds good :smile:
Reply 588
So the freshers events in town aren't to do with the uni are they? Everything's so confusing that I'm starting to panic about buying the wrong wristbands/tickets :O
Original post by Liz86
So the freshers events in town aren't to do with the uni are they? Everything's so confusing that I'm starting to panic about buying the wrong wristbands/tickets :O

I'm not 100% sure either, but I think they are holding Freshers events in clubs and such in the city as well as in the SU. That's what I understand from it! :/

EDIT: I've created a group on here called Bath Spa Creative Writing 2014, if you guys want to join it - I'm not sure how, but I'm sure I can work it out! haha (:
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm not 100% sure either, but I think they are holding Freshers events in clubs and such in the city as well as in the SU. That's what I understand from it! :/

EDIT: I've created a group on here called Bath Spa Creative Writing 2014, if you guys want to join it - I'm not sure how, but I'm sure I can work it out! haha (:

Hey,

The events in town have nothing to do with the uni. They're promoters advertising from clubs. The SU are releasing the wristbands early September and only from www.bathspasu.co.uk. Hope this helps

Steph
Original post by pengerwin09
Hey,

The events in town have nothing to do with the uni. They're promoters advertising from clubs. The SU are releasing the wristbands early September and only from www.bathspasu.co.uk. Hope this helps

Steph

Great, thank you! so are freshers events only being held at the SU?
Great, thank you! so are freshers events only being held at the SU?

I honestly couldn't tell you yet, they haven't decided what they're doing. Last year the majority were at the SU with only one being at moles in town. If you follow their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/BathSpaUniFreshers2014?fref=ts this will keep you updated on what events they choose to do.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Wow lots of posts since I was last on here!

I'm not sure about events in the city as the tickets are quite expensive, but I don't want to miss out on any opportunities either :/ I may just buy an SU wristband and can always have my first 'club experience' another time, but then again it is Freshers week and you know, YOLO! :biggrin: - there's 2 weeks of club events in the city?

Also, @Pavarotti I'm the same, I'm not too comfortable posting a photo of myself either. At least on here, on Facebook, it's fine, but I don't really post that many photos anyway. All the photos that are on my profile are ones I'm tagged in! :biggrin:

I think that once this book barn meet up is actually happening - because I want it to, I think it's a great idea - date, time etc, then I'll post a description of myself, does that sound OK?

Also, just wanted to let you guys know, I was thinking of getting Twitter so I could follow you guys and Bath Spa university and what not and the Student Union pres has posted a video with updates. He said about freshers and how there would be like a campfire event during the day (hope that's right something like that) that sounds good :smile:

I'm also really indecisive! Like, I spent all year saving up lots of money for uni, and this was the kind of thing I was going to spend it on, but now the time's come, I'm wondering A)if I indeed have enough spare to be spending on freshers and B) if I can part with that much money. I'm checking my bank balance today and praying to God I have enough cash to get me through the first week of uni, at least!
If I do buy one, it'll be week 1 only. Both together would be unbelievably expensive.

Yes, this meet up will definitely happen. Description sounds fine! I'm posting a picture myself, but whatever people want to do is fine. I'm sure between us we can work out who's who. :biggrin:

Good idea! I don't actually have Twitter, but I may get an account just to keep track of things for uni, and to follow you guys! Campfire event sounds like fun. :biggrin:
I honestly couldn't tell you yet, they haven't decided what they're doing. Last year the majority were at the SU with only one being at moles in town. If you follow their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/BathSpaUniFreshers2014?fref=ts this will keep you updated on what events they choose to do.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Thank you, already 'liked' on Facebook, I was just getting confused as people were saying they already had wristbands, but I was like, 'but wristbands aren't released yet!'

No, it's fine, thank you muchly! :smile:

Good idea! I don't actually have Twitter, but I may get an account just to keep track of things for uni, and to follow you guys! Campfire event sounds like fun. :biggrin:

That's what I was thinking! :biggrin: maybe follow a few of my favourite things (sound of music going though my head..) like bands and celebrities!
Thank you, already 'liked' on Facebook, I was just getting confused as people were saying they already had wristbands, but I was like, 'but wristbands aren't released yet!'

No, it's fine, thank you muchly! :smile:

Glad I could help, any other questions just let me know and I'll try and help you out
Glad I could help, any other questions just let me know and I'll try and help you out

OK Thank you :smile: Are you a current bath spa student? since you posted on this thread I'm guessing you study creative writing?
OK Thank you :smile: Are you a current bath spa student? since you posted on this thread I'm guessing you study creative writing?

I'm a current Bath Spa student but I'm not studying creative writing, I'm studying Biology and Drama Studies. I am a freshers angel. I typed into the search bar to find out if anyone was thinking of buying the wristbands without realising that they are only for clubs and not the Uni and then posted in the threads to try and spread awareness.

Really sorry for the confusion.
I'm a current Bath Spa student but I'm not studying creative writing, I'm studying Biology and Drama Studies. I am a freshers angel. I typed into the search bar to find out if anyone was thinking of buying the wristbands without realising that they are only for clubs and not the Uni and then posted in the threads to try and spread awareness.

Really sorry for the confusion.

ah great ok! Freshers Angel that's cool, I've heard about those roles, are guys called Freshers Angels too? (probs not probably called Freshers Dudes or something!)

That's ok, thank you for clarifying! :smile: Can't wait to start in September!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending