The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Edge Hill University Postgraduate Discussion Thread for 2023 entry

Hello :hello:

Welcome to our postgraduate discussion thread for those interested in studying a postgraduate course at Edge Hill University in September 2023!

We hope that this thread offers a space for you to discuss the postgraduate course you are interested in with other potential applicants, as well as current students who can help answer your questions and share their experiences with you.

Let us know if you have any questions about postgraduate study at Edge Hill we’ll be more than happy to help!

The full list of postgraduate courses we offer can be found here.
You may also be interested in attending one of our upcoming Open Days. Further information about these can be found here.

We look forward to answering all of your questions

Course Enquiries Team
Hello, I applied for Counselling and Psychotherapy in Edgehill and they asked me to prepare a portfolio.This is my first time making one so don’t really know what is the format and if it is a video or a website.Can you elaborate on the details about the portfolio?
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Reply 2
What time does the university day start at Edge Hill? My previous uni started lessons at 9:30am. What time is Edge Hill’s earliest lesson start?

Original post by Edge Hill University
Hello :hello:

Welcome to our postgraduate discussion thread for those interested in studying a postgraduate course at Edge Hill University in September 2023!

We hope that this thread offers a space for you to discuss the postgraduate course you are interested in with other potential applicants, as well as current students who can help answer your questions and share their experiences with you.

Let us know if you have any questions about postgraduate study at Edge Hill we’ll be more than happy to help!

The full list of postgraduate courses we offer can be found here.
You may also be interested in attending one of our upcoming Open Days. Further information about these can be found here.

We look forward to answering all of your questions

Course Enquiries Team
Original post by Aswathy Santhosh
Hello, I applied for Counselling and Psychotherapy in Edgehill and they asked me to prepare a portfolio.This is my first time making one so don’t really know what is the format and if it is a video or a website.Can you elaborate on the details about the portfolio?

Hi @Aswathy Santhosh,

It's great to hear that you have applied for MSc Psychotherapy & Counselling: Contemporary Creative Approaches.

The creative portfolio is your chance to present your experience in a way that showcases your knowledge and understanding of your own creative expression. The portfolio is evidence of your work were you can take a hybrid approach, including evidence of your work and an accompanying reflective commentary.

When discussing your creative work, emphasis should be less on the final image and more on your inner exploration and experiences. You are also encouraged to include things that you feel refer to either your potential for creative expression, or something that shows how you support your creativity. Previously, people have chosen to write, knit, dance or showcase photography or music.

You may also wish to demonstrate work you have done with different client populations. You can choose to represent this work by focussing on the main learning points that were facilitated by your experiential and creative engagement.

I hope this helps.

Melissa- Course Enquiries
Original post by Anonymous
What time does the university day start at Edge Hill? My previous uni started lessons at 9:30am. What time is Edge Hill’s earliest lesson start?

Hi there,

Taught sessions are different for each course. The earliest lectures or seminars will begin at 9am.

For me to assist you further, could you please let me know which course you would like to study?

Thanks,

Melissa- Course Enquiries

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending