The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Ask a current student

Scroll to see replies

Hey couple quick questions.

1) In standard halls which are not en suite, do we bring our own toilet rolls or are they provided?
2) How much is the printing credits etc? is it more efficient to bring your own printer

Thanks
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Original post by Meerisgod

1) In standard halls which are not en suite, do we bring our own toilet rolls or are they provided?
2) How much is the printing credits etc? is it more efficient to bring your own printer

Thanks

No you have to bring your own toilet paper. And everyone I know had their own printer for convenience. Can't remember how much printing was, sorry. Printers last a lifetime and are a good investment.
Original post by Meerisgod

Thanks

Sorry I should add that in ensuite halls you need to bring toilet roll. It is probably the same in non ensuite.
The payment plan we have to set up to pay for the hall fees, do we do it now or after we get our maintenance loans in? Is it possible to set it up during the start of uni?
Original post by EXOticVIPelf
The payment plan we have to set up to pay for the hall fees, do we do it now or after we get our maintenance loans in? Is it possible to set it up during the start of uni?

It's done now and then is taken out a couple of days after your loan goes in.
Reply 145
Does anyone know if the ffriddoedd rooms have mirrors in the bathrooms?
Original post by alys94
Does anyone know if the ffriddoedd rooms have mirrors in the bathrooms?

Yes, they do :smile:
Reply 147
Original post by EloiseStar
Yes, they do :smile:

Ok thank you :smile:
I hope I'm not a bother, but I have another two questions to ask.

-We provide our own coat hangers and iron, right?
Original post by VinnicombeDmv
I hope I'm not a bother, but I have another two questions to ask.

-We provide our own coat hangers and iron, right?

Yes :smile:

I bought an iron and used it once or twice. Straight from the dryer, hanger, wardrobe and theres no need for an iron!
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but..
I'm sure that bangor is the uni I want to attend but I'm very worried that they won't accept me. What are they like for offering places? I'm applying for biology and I'm hoping to get BBC/CBC in bio/enviro studies/ICT I'll also have an EPQ in biology, hopefully a B in gen studies and AQA bacc.

Original post by HarryRiley88
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but..
I'm sure that bangor is the uni I want to attend but I'm very worried that they won't accept me. What are they like for offering places? I'm applying for biology and I'm hoping to get BBC/CBC in bio/enviro studies/ICT I'll also have an EPQ in biology, hopefully a B in gen studies and AQA bacc.

You might get more answers on a different thread, maybe start your own. You can find the requirements either on UCAS or the Bangor website. Some people I know got in despite missing their offer.
You might get more answers on a different thread, maybe start your own. You can find the requirements either on UCAS or the Bangor website. Some people I know got in despite missing their offer.

I've spoke to the admissions lady at the open day and she told me that they will take students onto the biology course with a C in biology if they do another science which I do. Do you know whether courses fully fill up? Also, gonna ask a few questions here...when did you get your offer after you applied? Which accommodation is the best and why? Do they have a range of clothes shops there? They say the cost of living is very low whilst at uni at bangor, is it true?
I've spoke to the admissions lady at the open day and she told me that they will take students onto the biology course with a C in biology if they do another science which I do. Do you know whether courses fully fill up? Also, gonna ask a few questions here...when did you get your offer after you applied? Which accommodation is the best and why? Do they have a range of clothes shops there? They say the cost of living is very low whilst at uni at bangor, is it true?

Usually they are relatively full but may STILL go into clearing as some students go through adjustment or do not attend university and decide that it is the wrong choice for them.

I got my offer around January and I sent my application mid November. May have been December...
New accommodation on Ffriddoedd site.
The shops are orientated towards students: new look, topshop/topman, h&m... No Primark though...
Yes, relatively cheap, that said I can't really compare it to anywhere else as at home my parents pay. Rent is cheap, and I am happy with the cost of living.
Usually they are relatively full but may STILL go into clearing as some students go through adjustment or do not attend university and decide that it is the wrong choice for them.

I got my offer around January and I sent my application mid November. May have been December...
New accommodation on Ffriddoedd site.
The shops are orientated towards students: new look, topshop/topman, h&m... No Primark though...
Yes, relatively cheap, that said I can't really compare it to anywhere else as at home my parents pay. Rent is cheap, and I am happy with the cost of living.

Sweet there's a H&M :P Do you think I should apply now? I have everything done for my UCAS form but not sure whether to hold back. What's the student support like and do you enjoy going there? Thanks for answering all of these btw :smile:
Sweet there's a H&M :P Do you think I should apply now? I have everything done for my UCAS form but not sure whether to hold back. What's the student support like and do you enjoy going there? Thanks for answering all of these btw :smile:

Apply when you can if you want to come here. I applied as soon as my application was done and I applied to two courses.

The student support is AMAZING. I cannot fault it. When I first arrived I was very homesick and had anxiety. The peerguides as well as the admissions staff really helped with my issues. In addition to that each student has a personal tutor who you can talk about personal as well as academic problems. Something happened over Christmas for me, I told my tutor and she was concerned that it would affect my work and so helped me put in a special circumstances form so those assessing me were aware of my troubles. I genuinely believe that no other university provides such excellent student support.
Apply when you can if you want to come here. I applied as soon as my application was done and I applied to two courses.

The student support is AMAZING. I cannot fault it. When I first arrived I was very homesick and had anxiety. The peerguides as well as the admissions staff really helped with my issues. In addition to that each student has a personal tutor who you can talk about personal as well as academic problems. Something happened over Christmas for me, I told my tutor and she was concerned that it would affect my work and so helped me put in a special circumstances form so those assessing me were aware of my troubles. I genuinely believe that no other university provides such excellent student support.

I think I'll apply by the end of this week then...

Wow, I heard it was good but not that good! I really hope I get a place :^_^: Thanks!
Hey Whats the nightlife like in bangor? Obvz it's a small city so heard it's not that good? Looking for an honest student opinion :tongue:
AMAZING! honestly! Academi is definitely the best nightclub and there are so many bars/pubs which have really good atmospheres and events!
Original post by Zoegibbon
Hey Whats the nightlife like in bangor? Obvz it's a small city so heard it's not that good? Looking for an honest student opinion :tongue:

There's always something on, somewhere to go. There's over 50 bars if clubbing isn't your thing or you just want a relaxed drink too.

Quick Reply

Latest