The Student Room Group

Selecting university

Should i prefer university of Dundee or university of striling
never heard of striling so I'd say Dundee
Original post by Hhuyra

Hey @Hhuyra - how are you? :smile:

Have you attended any open days for these universities? That way you can get a feel for both campuses, speak to the academics who'd be teaching you, and the current students there. You can see the facilities, check out the student union, have a wander into the city and see what there is to do, speak to the support services available. If you can't attend open days, perhaps you could email the uni and see if they could put you in touch with an academic on the course/current students so you can ask any questions you have? Some uni's are on 'Unibuddy' which is where you can chat directly to students on the course you're interested in, so may be worth checking to see if both uni's are on there :smile:

Good luck with making your decision! :smile:

Becky
Original post by Hhuyra

Hi there,

There are lots of things to consider when choosing a university - it can be a daunting process!

If you can go to an open day for each of these universities, I would strongly recommend it. Going to an open day for Chester really helped to solidify my decision, as I got to experience the atmosphere, campus, and city, and was able to speak to current students.

I'd also recommend creating a pros and cons list, which is a really great way to visualize which university you prefer, and write down your thoughts and preferences. Consider the accommodation, modules, class sizes, sports and societies, transport links, and what the city has to offer.

Getting a current student's perspective of the university is also really valuable. You can ask students from both Dundee and Stirling on Unibuddy, where you can talk directly to them and hopefully find someone studying the same course or with similar interests!

I hope this helps and best of luck,

Isabella
Third-year Geography with a Year Abroad Student
Original post by Hhuyra

Which course do you prefer? Compare the modules and optional modules for all years of the course and decide which interest you the most. Does either course offer a placement year? This can add a lot to your graduate CV.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending