The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Any Radiographers at Bangor?

I've accepted a place at Bangor for Diagnostic Radiography, Sept 2021 start, wondering if there's anyone else doing the same? Or if there's anyone here currently on the course?
Original post by Marshy_1
I've accepted a place at Bangor for Diagnostic Radiography, Sept 2021 start, wondering if there's anyone else doing the same? Or if there's anyone here currently on the course?

Hi @Marshy_1,

Congratulations on accepting your place at Bangor University! You can chat with current Radiography students on the Unibuddy platform on our website, you can also chat to staff there as well :smile:
Please let me know if I can answer any questions for you at all or provide you with some information :smile:
Anna
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Bangor Uni
Hi @Marshy_1,

Congratulations on accepting your place at Bangor University! You can chat with current Radiography students on the Unibuddy platform on our website, you can also chat to staff there as well :smile:
Please let me know if I can answer any questions for you at all or provide you with some information :smile:
Anna

Hey there, thanks for your message, I would actually like to ask about the Bangor Entrance and Merit Scholarsips? I'm wondering if that's something I'm able to do, as I'm not currently attending school or college as I am in a gap year since finishing sixth form. I read that for the scholarship the exam would be sat in the college the student attends, would this mean I am not able to do it?

I also have a question or two about accomodation too, haha, just currently trying to decide whether I wanna book through Bangor or the company that owns the accomodation in Wrexham at Snowden Hall. If I book the accomodation through Bangor, will I be placed with other Radiography students in the flats? Or will it just be Bangor students in general?
You wouldn't happen to know if Student Roost, the company that owns the accomodation, places students from the same courses or from Bangor uni together would you?

Sorry, hope I'm not asking too many questions
Hey there, thanks for your message, I would actually like to ask about the Bangor Entrance and Merit Scholarsips? I'm wondering if that's something I'm able to do, as I'm not currently attending school or college as I am in a gap year since finishing sixth form. I read that for the scholarship the exam would be sat in the college the student attends, would this mean I am not able to do it?

I also have a question or two about accomodation too, haha, just currently trying to decide whether I wanna book through Bangor or the company that owns the accomodation in Wrexham at Snowden Hall. If I book the accomodation through Bangor, will I be placed with other Radiography students in the flats? Or will it just be Bangor students in general?
You wouldn't happen to know if Student Roost, the company that owns the accomodation, places students from the same courses or from Bangor uni together would you?

Sorry, hope I'm not asking too many questions

Hi,

Thanks for getting back in touch, you can never ask too many questions and we are here to help :smile:

With regards to the Bangor Entrance Scholarship what we ask is that you contact your previous school or college to ask if they would be happy for you to sit the exam there which will take place on the 27th of April. Let me know once you get a reply (I'll send you a message with my email address) You are eligible to sit the exam, so please don't think you are not.

Accommodation, I recommend that you contact Student Roost to ask how it all works, Snowden Hall will include Healthcare science students such as Nursing, Midwifery and Radiography students. If you can't find any contact details, let me know and I will enquire here at our halls office.

Hope this helps, please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Sera :smile:
hey, I’m hoping to do diagnostic radiography at bangor this year too 🤍 I’ve done the interview n everything literally just waiting to hear back at the end of this month
Reply 5
Original post by mollvictoriaa
hey, I’m hoping to do diagnostic radiography at bangor this year too 🤍 I’ve done the interview n everything literally just waiting to hear back at the end of this month

Hi there, congrats on getting an interview, hope it went well and best of luck on the result! Nice to acutally hear from other people looking at Bangor for radiography, haha
Reply 6

Heya, I'm not doing radiography but I've accepted a place for children nursing at Bangor uni :smile: Are you staying in Snowdon Accommodation?
Reply 7
Original post by Keevad02
Heya, I'm not doing radiography but I've accepted a place for children nursing at Bangor uni :smile: Are you staying in Snowdon Accommodation?

Hi there, thanks for saying, it's still nice to hear from people attending the Wrexham campus, and congrats. Yep! Got my accomodation booked for Snowdon Halls :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Ik im late months late but whats it like at wrexham
Original post by jarif4457

Hi there,

You can find some information here on Welcome 2022 at our Wrexham campus, so it should give you an idea of what to expect when you first start: https://www.bangor.ac.uk/welcome/wrexham.php.en
There is also some more general information here: https://www.bangor.ac.uk/health-sciences/wrexham/index.php.en

Please let me know if you have any further questions, I would be happy to help.
Anna :smile:
Hi i have applied for dental hygiene at bangor
Has anyone else?
Original post by jarif4457

Are you going to do radiography there??
Original post by lorraine99
Are you going to do radiography there??

I am sorry for the late response
Anyone for 2023 wrexham

Quick Reply

Latest