The Student Room Group

AS German Edexcel June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lala121
Well your not really suppose to have it. Unless you teacher downloads it (as they have the password) and give it to you before the actual exam :wink: :wink:

Ohh!! :frown: We listened to it in class.. I just wanted to hear them again! A bit stupid not to share it with students isn't it?? It would give everyone a better idea of the quality the examiner is expecting to hear!! :frown:
Thanks anyway! :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by lionelmessi19
Ohh!! :frown: We listened to it in class.. I just wanted to hear them again! A bit stupid not to share it with students isn't it?? It would give everyone a better idea of the quality the examiner is expecting to hear!! :frown:
Thanks anyway! :smile:

I'm confused.. Are you talking about the speaking exam stimulus or the unit 2 listening audio file? If its the June 2013 audio file then it its not available for student, latest season are always only available to teachers through the password thing.. So best ask your teacher to send it to you maybe? Its annoying because the Question papers from June 2013 can be downloaded :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by lala121
I'm confused.. Are you talking about the speaking exam stimulus or the unit 2 listening audio file? If its the June 2013 audio file then it its not available for student, latest season are always only available to teachers through the password thing.. So best ask your teacher to send it to you maybe? Its annoying because the Question papers from June 2013 can be downloaded :frown:

No.. I'm talking about previous students AS German Speaking Oral Exam... These are recordings of previous students actually doing there oral exam with the examiner. We were showed this in class, and told what grades they got.. I just wanted to listen to it again..
I have the june 13 audio file for the edexcel AS listening exam.. PM me if you want it..
I don't know if you guys were aware or not, but there a few audio files available on the 'Oral Training Guide' for German. There are commentaries and marks, too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chloevictoria
I don't know if you guys were aware or not, but there a few audio files available on the 'Oral Training Guide' for German. There are commentaries and marks, too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Absolute Legend!!!
Thank you soo much!! :smile: :smile:
+1 Rep!
Reply 25
no.. I'm talking about previous students as german speaking oral exam... These are recordings of previous students actually doing there oral exam with the examiner. We were showed this in class, and told what grades they got.. I just wanted to listen to it again..
I have the june 13 audio file for the edexcel as listening exam.. Pm me if you want it..

i don't know if you guys were aware or not, but there a few audio files available on the 'oral training guide' for german. There are commentaries and marks, too.

posted from tsr mobile

absolute legend!!!
+1 rep!

omg i never knew this!! Thanks :smile:
Reply 26

Posted from TSR Mobile

Absolute Legend!!!
+1 Rep!

I have the German Oral Training guide pdf file but I cant find the audio clips.. Could someone send me the link, this would really help :smile:
Absolute Legend!!!
+1 Rep!

You're very welcome! Haha, thanks for the rep! :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by lala121
I have the German Oral Training guide pdf file but I cant find the audio clips.. Could someone send me the link, this would really help :smile:

They're on the PDF file, if you click on the little sound buttons that are with each commentary then it should start a download or open in a new window :smile:

http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/GCE%20New%20GCE/GCE-2008-German-OTG.pdf Page 13 :smile:
Reply 29
They're on the PDF file, if you click on the little sound buttons that are with each commentary then it should start a download or open in a new window :smile:

http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/GCE%20New%20GCE/GCE-2008-German-OTG.pdf Page 13 :smile:

Thanks it works now :smile:
Reply 30
I'm resetting this exam this year, got a D last year overall so hoping to at least get a C this year. How is everyone preparing for the AS oral exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mollyx
I'm resetting this exam this year, got a D last year overall so hoping to at least get a C this year. How is everyone preparing for the AS oral exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Learning vocab.. practicing questions.. Finding it hard to learn it though! :frown:
How about you?
Original post by mollyx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you get any feedback on your exam last time, so you know where to improve?

Memorise lots and lots and lots and LOTS of phrases to start off your answers to questions. Learn phrases like 'soweit ich weiss', 'wie ich das sehe', 'ich persönlich denke dass', 'ich bin überzeugt dass...' It makes your answers structured. But whatever you do, do not memorise chunks of text by heart, they will be able to tell and your mark will be adversely affected. Just try to act calm, have some vague ideas of possible answers.
I thought my German AS oral was a complete nightmare; I'd asked to start again twice in English, completely freaked out and then proceeded to call Victoria Beckham a man and say that she was 'zu glatt', which my German teacher found hilarious. But, I used my phrases at the start of every answer, which I think made it sound more conversational. I think that is what got me an A :smile:
Reply 33

Memorise lots and lots and lots and LOTS of phrases to start off your answers to questions. Learn phrases like 'soweit ich weiss', 'wie ich das sehe', 'ich persönlich denke dass', 'ich bin überzeugt dass...' It makes your answers structured. But whatever you do, do not memorise chunks of text by heart, they will be able to tell and your mark will be adversely affected. Just try to act calm, have some vague ideas of possible answers.
I thought my German AS oral was a complete nightmare; I'd asked to start again twice in English, completely freaked out and then proceeded to call Victoria Beckham a man and say that she was 'zu glatt', which my German teacher found hilarious. But, I used my phrases at the start of every answer, which I think made it sound more conversational. I think that is what got me an A :smile:

Sie ist zu glatt? Lool

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34

Thank you for your help.. I messed up last year because I learnt all my answers of by heart, and because of that I got an E! Your answers must have been really good though to get an A!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lala121
Sie ist zu glatt? Lool

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup, I forgot the word for skinny and in the moment decided to say it. Absolutely humiliating :colondollar::colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mollyx
Thank you for your help.. I messed up last year because I learnt all my answers of by heart, and because of that I got an E! Your answers must have been really good though to get an A!

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're really funny about stuff like that :frown: but if you don't do the same this year then I'm sure you'll do great! Good luck :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
They're really funny about stuff like that :frown: but if you don't do the same this year then I'm sure you'll do great! Good luck :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah no that's so annoying :/

But how could they possibly tell you've learnt answers of by heart if they answer the question you've been asked in both the oral and the writing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saywhatyoumean
Ah no that's so annoying :/

But how could they possibly tell you've learnt answers of by heart if they answer the question you've been asked in both the oral and the writing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They can tell instantly with your intonation and how much expression you're putting into words. In some ways making small mistakes actually supports your case if anything, because it shows that you're thinking on your feet and attempting to communicate. Pre-learnt material will sound monotonal with very little expression. Your intonation may also rise at the end of statements.
From Edexcel:
"Pre-learnt is defined as a performance which is largely recited and may demonstrate very little spontaneity and impaired intonation."
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 39
I compiled some phrases and stuff which might be good for essays and speaking exams :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending