The Student Room Group

AS German Edexcel June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
I've just gone over vocab and grammar mainly - any tips on last min revision for tomorrow ??
Reply 381
Can anyone help me with this passive sentance please.
I want to say 'In order to stop this, the government built a highwall between east and west berlin'.
I'm not sure this can actually be made into a passive sentance though.... because of the 'um.. zu..' phrase.
I know that 'Die Mauer wird gebaut' is passive just about the wall being build buttttttt obviously the rest.

maybe is it.. 'um dies zu verhinden,eine hohe Mauer (wird?) zwischen Ost und West Berlin (wird?) gebaut.

not sure which place you would put the wird and even if you can say the government in this kind of phrase aha.

Thnksss xxoox (IF i'M COMPLETELY WRONG I JUST HAVE NO IDEA)
Reply 382
Original post by mollyx
Haha viel Glueck! Ich habe viel Angst :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

hmmm ich stimme zu. Viel gluckkk auch xoxox
ich sollte wirklich wiederholen
Original post by mollyx
Aw yeah! How comes you need a good grade then if your dropping it?? I enjoy German but I do find it hard, but it is my favorite subject :tongue: you've got more impressive subjects :tongue: erm I have 11 exams in total this year! So many! What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just so it looks better on my personal statement etc.. I'm going for AAAB for AS..
11 exams is loads!! I have 8 plus my german speaking if that counts.. :tongue:
Reply 384
Original post by lionelmessi19
Just so it looks better on my personal statement etc.. I'm going for AAAB for AS..
11 exams is loads!! I have 8 plus my german speaking if that counts.. :tongue:

Oh my god that is so ambitous. (i can't even spell it thats how much of an imbecile I am). You must be ridiculously smart. I so underestimated the difficulty of A levels. What did you get at GCSE?
Like I got such good GCSES but my 'knowledge' definitely didn't reflect my AS level results :')
Original post by Antoniaotter
Oh my god that is so ambitous. (i can't even spell it thats how much of an imbecile I am). You must be ridiculously smart. I so underestimated the difficulty of A levels. What did you get at GCSE?
Like I got such good GCSES but my 'knowledge' definitely didn't reflect my AS level results :')

Hahaha.. or maybe I'm just very ambitious.. I got 5A* 5A's and 2Bs.. What did you get?
Has anyone done the specimen paper? The listening is quite easy, but the reading, especially "Text 7" is impossible!
Reply 387
Hahaha.. or maybe I'm just very ambitious.. I got 5A* 5A's and 2Bs.. What did you get?

haha maybe not after seeing your results, which are extremely good! i wish you all the luck. :smile:
I got 6 A's and 5 B's, which was fairly good as I was predicted C's and B's only so I was happy haha
but then I got BCCDD at AS level, which was a little demoralising seeing as I had never recieved a C grade in my life haha
E,g I recieved an A in Media GCSE and then a D at AS level media, lol
haha maybe not after seeing your results, which are extremely good! i wish you all the luck. :smile:
I got 6 A's and 5 B's, which was fairly good as I was predicted C's and B's only so I was happy haha
but then I got BCCDD at AS level, which was a little demoralising seeing as I had never recieved a C grade in my life haha
E,g I recieved an A in Media GCSE and then a D at AS level media, lol

Thank you! :smile:
Wow that's good!.. But then did you put the same amount of effort into AS??
Worries me a bit as well now, since my effort levels have fallen drastically recently!
Good luck to you too!! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 389
Thank you! :smile:
Wow that's good!.. But then did you put the same amount of effort into AS??
Worries me a bit as well now, since my effort levels have fallen drastically recently!
Good luck to you too!! :smile:

haha as much as I put in for GCSE's definitely, which was a huge shock as I did far worse in AS levels only studying 4 subjects as opposed to 11/12 :frown: lol
definitely has motivated me much more this year though
Does anyone have a good way to remember the cases? Mostly akkusativ and dativ, I know akkusativ is mostly to do with Was? So a thing e.g. ich lege den Laptop auf den Tisch whereas dativ e.g. ich farhe die Schüler zu der Schule. But how do you guys remember the einer, einen, einem etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
haha as much as I put in for GCSE's definitely, which was a huge shock as I did far worse in AS levels only studying 4 subjects as opposed to 11/12 :frown: lol
definitely has motivated me much more this year though

Yeah.. it must have been :eek: !!
You'll make it up this year, so you'll be fine! :smile:
Original post by lala121
Does anyone have a good way to remember the cases? Mostly akkusativ and dativ, I know akkusativ is mostly to do with Was? So a thing e.g. ich lege den Laptop auf den Tisch whereas dativ e.g. ich farhe die Schüler zu der Schule. But how do you guys remember the einer, einen, einem etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you learn the table for der, die, das, then the endings are the pretty much the same for einer, eine, ein..

Hope that answered your question :smile:
If you learn the table for der, die, das, then the endings are the pretty much the same for einer, eine, ein..

Hope that answered your question :smile:

Why didn't I think of that? Oh by the way you in the exam would I be able to quickly write down the table on the table and then cross it out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hallo ich heiße Nadja Helfricht und ich bin 17 Jahre alt. Ich komme aus Deutschland und suche Brieffreunde! Sie sollen im englischsprachigen Raum wohnen, Deutsch sprechen und ungefähr in meinem Alter sein. Ich treibe viel Sport und gehe oft ins Theater. Ich muss mich im Moment auf meine Abschlussprüfung vorbereiten, aber ich finde immer noch Zeit, samstags in einer Werkstatt für Körperbehinderte zu helfen. Wer möchte mir schreiben? [email protected]

This is the written task for in the specimen paper..
Any ideas on what the top and bottom would say?
Original post by lala121
Why didn't I think of that? Oh by the way you in the exam would I be able to quickly write down the table on the table and then cross it out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah of course,, why not? And write it on the exam paper, not on the table! :tongue:
Hallo ich heiße Nadja Helfricht und ich bin 17 Jahre alt. Ich komme aus Deutschland und suche Brieffreunde! Sie sollen im englischsprachigen Raum wohnen, Deutsch sprechen und ungefähr in meinem Alter sein. Ich treibe viel Sport und gehe oft ins Theater. Ich muss mich im Moment auf meine Abschlussprüfung vorbereiten, aber ich finde immer noch Zeit, samstags in einer Werkstatt für Körperbehinderte zu helfen. Wer möchte mir schreiben? [email protected]

This is the written task for in the specimen paper..
Any ideas on what the top and bottom would say?

Oh I did this one last year got like 27/30. I would just "Hallo Nadja" and end with "Viele grüße"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lala121
Oh I did this one last year got like 27/30. I would just "Hallo Nadja" and end with "Viele grüße"

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok.. Thanks!! :smile:
Are you able to send yours to me? I'm struggling with the 3rd bullet point.. :frown:

PRSOM
(edited 9 years ago)
Any guesses at what the writing topic will be? Ich habe Angst :frown:
Original post by florence1028
Any guesses at what the writing topic will be? Ich habe Angst :frown:

Haha, mir auch!
You can't really guess what the writing will be.. They change every year..
If I had to guess, I'd say a letter for a job/course or something like that.. But it's hard to guess..
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending