The Student Room Group

AS German Edexcel June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by libb
We only went over the listening part of the exam, i'm sorry I can't be of any more help :-(

Are any of you guys doing the A2 exam on the 9th of June?

Yeah I am, I'm so worried though I need a C

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by libb
We only went over the listening part of the exam, i'm sorry I can't be of any more help :-(

Ah don't worry :') my teacher wouldn't even do that cause she's scared we'll all be depressed for the rest of our exams :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Looking at the answers for the listening, I have only got 2 marks! :frown:
Not looking forward to results day!!
Original post by lionelmessi19

Same I was hoping for an A before the exam and now I'll be lucky if I get a C :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys does anyone know if I got 102/200 at AS (this is in UMS), what would I need to get to get a C in raw marks at A2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by lionelmessi19

Ive got 0 marks out of the ones she said! How do we know for certain these are the correct answers though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by libb

Sorry to keep pestering you but do you have any of the listening answers then?:')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mollyx
Guys does anyone know if I got 102/200 at AS (this is in UMS), what would I need to get to get a C in raw marks at A2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

138/200 across the combined A2 modules. If you've just resat the AS and have inproved your previous score, then you will need less to get the C grade :smile:

Oh, I just realised you asked for raw marks at A2...in that case, nobody knows that! Grade boundaries are mysterious and they constantly change! lol

PS, I'm amazed that the Edexcel thread of the AS German exam is so much more popular :redface:
Original post by thatitootoo
138/200 across the combined A2 modules. If you've just resat the AS and have inproved your previous score, then you will need less to get the C grade :smile:

Oh, I just realised you asked for raw marks at A2...in that case, nobody knows that! Grade boundaries are mysterious and they constantly change! lol

PS, I'm amazed that the Edexcel thread of the AS German exam is so much more popular :redface:

Aw okay that makes sense! Do you know roughly what that would be in raw marks even if they change every year? So would getting a C in both A2 modules be enough?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mollyx
Aw okay that makes sense! Do you know roughly what that would be in raw marks even if they change every year? So would getting a C in both A2 modules be enough?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This might be helpful :smile: http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Documents/GCE%20Composite%201306%20v4.pdf

The maximum mark you can get at A2 is 100. 138/200 UMS is just 2 UMS marks short of the B boundary. Last year you needed 68/100 raw marks to scrape a B (140/200 UMS) at A2. One raw mark less (67/100) would like have given you your targer of 138/200 UMS :tongue:
PS, I've just sat the AS paper with the AQA exam board.
I'm not familiar with Edexcel at all - I was merely peeking into this more-active thread :wink:
This might be helpful :smile: http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Documents/GCE%20Composite%201306%20v4.pdf

The maximum mark you can get at A2 is 100. 138/200 UMS is just 2 UMS marks short of the B boundary. Last year you needed 68/100 raw marks to scrape a B (140/200 UMS) at A2. One raw mark less (67/100) would like have given you your targer of 138/200 UMS :tongue:

I'm so confused, I don't understand :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
PS, I've just sat the AS paper with the AQA exam board.
I'm not familiar with Edexcel at all - I was merely peeking into this more-active thread :wink:

Aha why not, how did you find your paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mollyx
I'm so confused, I don't understand :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dann weiss ich es auch nicht! :tongue:
Although, I've double checked and the max raw mark you can get is 150 and not 100 as I previously stated; I previously disregarded the speaking component - Have a look at the link :smile:

Original post by Saywhatyoumean
Aha why not, how did you find your paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The paper was generally okay I guess. I just made some stupid mistakes really! I wrongly conjugated the verb 'kosten' as 'kostette' at one point! :lolwut:
And on the writing section...my essay didn't fully address the question! So mehhh >< Will have to wait 'till results day to see how much all of that hast cost me! :laugh:
Reply 594
Sorry to keep pestering you but do you have any of the listening answers then?:')

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha no honestly you are not pestering me! And we went through them in class but I can't really remember anymore and I don't want to say the wrong one and freak everyone out. I really wish my teacher hadn't gone through them if i'm honest haha
Reply 595
Original post by mollyx
Ive got 0 marks out of the ones she said! How do we know for certain these are the correct answers though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We don't know for certain :-)
Original post by libb
Haha no honestly you are not pestering me! And we went through them in class but I can't really remember anymore and I don't want to say the wrong one and freak everyone out. I really wish my teacher hadn't gone through them if i'm honest haha

aha fair enough, I don't blame you :')

but thanks anyway :')
Dann weiss ich es auch nicht! :tongue:
Although, I've double checked and the max raw mark you can get is 150 and not 100 as I previously stated; I previously disregarded the speaking component - Have a look at the link :smile:

The paper was generally okay I guess. I just made some stupid mistakes really! I wrongly conjugated the verb 'kosten' as 'kostette' at one point! :lolwut:
And on the writing section...my essay didn't fully address the question! So mehhh >< Will have to wait 'till results day to see how much all of that hast cost me! :laugh:

Ahah I'm sure you did fine, but silly mistakes will be the death of me I swear 🙈 ah yeah exactly :') I hate the wait so so much :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahah I'm sure you did fine, but silly mistakes will be the death of me I swear 🙈 ah yeah exactly :') I hate the wait so so much :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

How many answers did you get out of the ones she said?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mollyx
How many answers did you get out of the ones she said?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Either 2 or 3 ahah I can't remember what I put in the end I kept changing my answers so many times :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending