The Student Room Group

How can i reduce nervous sweats

I get anxious really quickly and when i get nervous i almost immdieltly start sweating in my underarms and palms. It mainly happens when i am in college in lessons and when i smell my BO i get embarrased because i shave the small hairs everyother day and i sit next to my crush in one of my lessons. i use lime in my armpits and i scrub my armpits everyday. The smell may get worst as summer is fast approaching and no one likes a guy who stinks. So my question is to how can i stop being nervous so i can reduce the outbreaks of sweat and BO.
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Do you use a strong, roll on deoderant? The aerosols tend not to be as effective as the roll on. Try using the dark green mitchum roll on ones, they stop me from smelling too bad even during long gym sessions/summer sports.

As for your palms, try keeping a small pack of tissues with you?

Best thing is to try and prevent the anxiety, which is not something I'm in a position to talk about as I don't understand it or your case. You could definitely speak to your GP about it though and they could possibly refer you to some sort of therapy to try and help with anxiety if it's a regular thing and such a big problem. Anxiety problems, just like depression or other mental illnesses is a condition to be taken seriously and your GP will treat it as such if you explain what's going on. Might be a bit embarassing but you should really try to muster the courage to go.
Strong username doe.
Original post by toonervoustotalk
I get anxious really quickly and when i get nervous i almost immdieltly start sweating in my underarms and palms. It mainly happens when i am in college in lessons and when i smell my BO i get embarrased because i shave the small hairs everyother day and i sit next to my crush in one of my lessons. i use lime in my armpits and i scrub my armpits everyday. The smell may get worst as summer is fast approaching and no one likes a guy who stinks. So my question is to how can i stop being nervous so i can reduce the outbreaks of sweat and BO.
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Above guy's right about talking to your GP. The sweating is just a symptom of your anxiety - maybe need to treat the cause rather than the symptom? It's up to you. But, if you spoke to your GP they might give you some relaxation techniques to help you calm down a bit before going into a stressful situation and then, with practice, your body won't get so worked up and won't sweat so much...easier said than done I know!

But you could ask at the chemist about which deodorant to use...and which soap to use when showering. Make sure you wear loose fitting clothing and wash after exercise. In terms of your hands, maybe bring some tissues to class to dry them a little. If you rest your hands on your knees, with the palms facing up, then you might find they cool off a little...do it under the desk so no one notices if you want. But if you keep your hands clasped together, they'll get hot and start to sweat. Hope this all helps bro :smile:
I think i also sweat more when i wear both a jumper and a coat so i am just going to wear a jumper to college after the easter break and see if there is a reducement in sweat.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending