The Student Room Group

BNU Midwifery interview

Hi everyone, I'm a mature student hoping to complete my Midwifery degree at Bucks New Uni. My interview is in a couple of weeks - has anyone had theirs already and have any tips? Totally not expecting anyone to give me the questions, just some general tips on topics they'd ask! Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by sobiaaa
Hi everyone, I'm a mature student hoping to complete my Midwifery degree at Bucks New Uni. My interview is in a couple of weeks - has anyone had theirs already and have any tips? Totally not expecting anyone to give me the questions, just some general tips on topics they'd ask! Thank you

Good you understand that nobody can give you the exact questions and answers for your interview. They do intend to change the questions for each interview they have to stop anyone giving out questions.

Few examples of what you might be asked.....
Why do you want to be a midwife instead of say adult or children nurse.
Why did you chose this particular university for your degree
Study the NMC code of practice
Understand the 6 C's of nursing
NHS core values
What experience of any do you have in a nursing or healthcare setting ( not necessary required but useful to have).
How would you cope with stress while you are on shift 🤢🤢
How would you cope with a bereavement while you are on shift and stay professional as a midwife ( unfortunately this happens and you have to be prepared 😞 you will be given bereavement training as part of the coursework)
How are you as part of a team as midwifery can be teamwork at times depending on the situation with a mum to be.

Try not to be too nervous - if nervous learn to do breathing exercises as this usually helps. Don't worry if you are nervous as the interviewer knows that potential students will be sort of nervous and will do there best to assure you things are fine.
If you completely fluff your interview with being severely nervous throughout then your chances of being offered a place will be reduced.

Best of luck
A NHS registered midwife ( newly promoted band 7 senior charge nurse midwife).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending