The Student Room Group

More Islamic extremism in schools- time for a ban?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by the mezzil
So is it a problem or not? What should be done?

If there's any suspicious behaviour, get some real evidence. Ask a bunch of random kids what the teachers are like, if the teacher has said anything religiously motivated etc. Hidden cameras etc. are expensive for the school, so they can't do that.

If they get valid evidence, then they should just sack these teachers. What else is there to do? His religious views isn't needed in a state school.
Reply 41

When the media starts whipping of fear over halal meat and Burkhas things that have nothing to do with Terrorism, fair to say muslims will not get a fair trail in the media. This is nothing more than a planned parenthood style hitjob.

Same with muslim mayor of tower hamlets, literally no evidence yet they media tries to suggest they are 'different' . The way Obama is treated by fox news in america, is how the british media full of public school boys(Telegraph,channel 4,BBC) and working class employees with chips on their shoulder (Daily Mail,The Sun) treats muslims

edit- what was the point of linking me to that video ???
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by James222
When the media starts whipping of fear over halal meat and Burkhas things that have nothing to do with Terrorism, fair to say muslims will not get a fair trail in the media. This is nothing more than a planned parenthood style hitjob.

Same with muslim mayor of tower hamlets, literally no evidence yet they media tries to suggest they are 'different' . The way Obama is treated by fox news in america, is how the british media full of public school boys(Telegraph,channel 4,BBC) and working class employees with chips on their shoulder (Daily Mail,The Sun) treats muslims

I'm sorry, but you can't compare what is basically state propaganda/ Republican Propaganda in the USA to stuff in the UK. Whilst obviously British Media outlets have their bias, they are no way near the extent of the Americans version.

Whilst I agree Muslims are a target of the British media, something I can empathize with you, you can not deny what is happening.
Reply 43
Original post by the mezzil
I'm sorry, but you can't compare what is basically state propaganda/ Republican Propaganda in the USA to stuff in the UK. Whilst obviously British Media outlets have their bias, they are no way near the extent of the Americans version.

Whilst I agree Muslims are a target of the British media, something I can empathize with you, you can not deny what is happening.

I waited to reply to you, because I couldnt watch the video. Once I watched the video, its kind of irrelevant, no new evidence.
State Propaganda ? fox news is not state news.

I have not yet seen any facts beyond disgruntled employees. The trojan horse plot is stuff out of movies, so what if politics of Al Qaeda where discussed, we discussed nazism and communism is my school . The Trojan horse plot is the worst fears of middle england , and the media is playing on it, even if it turns out to be false, the damage against muslims will be done

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/mar/13/alleged-islamic-plot-birmingham-schools-possible-hoax
Reply 44

Same with muslim mayor of tower hamlets, and literally no evidence yet they media tries to suggest they are 'different' .
there is plenty of evidnece regarding tower hamlets- hence why the prog was made and investigation now opened - same as the investigation of vote rigging by mohammed bashir and co in bradford and others in birmngham, etc. And eivdnece that of failure that go the other islamic school in the news shut down. to ignore all this showns delusion or ignorant bias on your part.
Reply 45
Original post by A_Big_Man
there is plenty of evidnece regarding tower hamlets- hence why the prog was made and investigation now opened - same as the investigation of vote rigging by mohammed bashir and co in bradford and others in birmngham, etc. And eivdnece that of failure that go the other islamic school in the news shut down. to ignore all this showns delusion or ignorant bias on your part.

All rumours and whispers. If you watch alex jones enough even he makes sense.
Journalist are not suppose to engage in speculation or report whispers
Reply 46
Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes.

Ban them all, ban every religious school in the country and bring in a piece of law saying that anybody who tries to get one built should be in prison for life!

How I despise faith schools, so much. An Islamic faith school too...
Our very own MHoC already banned them a few years ago. Forensic tbh.
Reply 48
All rumours and whispers. If you watch alex jones enough even he makes sense.
Journalist are not suppose to engage in speculation or report whispers

many criminal cases have come about from investigative journaism - jimmy savil case for example. this will too. point is islam has not been any sort of influence for good - certainly not in political arean,and certainly not in education
Reply 49
Us Westerners are so polarising.

This problem is either in every faith school, or not in a single one.
Reply 50
many criminal cases have come about from investigative journaism - jimmy savil case for example. this will too. point is islam has not been any sort of influence for good - certainly not in political arean,and certainly not in education

Speculation =! Investigative jounalism

Islam is a religion not a group of people. What have blondes or vegatarians done for education?

Muslims are victims of a witchunt
Reply 51
Speculation =! Investigative jounalism

Islam is a religion not a group of people. What have blondes or vegatarians done for education?

Muslims are victims of a witchunt
there are lots of blondes and vegetarians that have done a great deal for education. my question what has islam done? nothing- therefore what basis is there for a school, none.
Reply 52
there are lots of blondes and vegetarians that have done a great deal for education. my question what has islam done? nothing- therefore what basis is there for a school, none.

Like what?
Islam doesnt owe you anything
Reply 53
Like what?

vegetarians -

blondes -
Georges Jean Franz Köhler
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 54

Islam doesnt owe you anything

and surely we dont either. why should there be schools here only to teach islamic doctrine?

ultimatley in a civilised society we should respect each other, and respect is earned not automatic. islamic schools do not teach respect for other peoples and beliefs, they follow only an islamic agenda they create a false sense of self-'superiority'- why should this be state funded or even allowed -this is what causes problems in the first place. respect begates respect.
Original post by lucybuckleyy
The link to the daily mail just screams 'not to be taken seriously' to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're so edgy.
and surely we dont either. why should there be schools here only to teach islamic doctrine?

ultimatley in a civilised society we should respect each other, and respect is earned not automatic. islamic schools do not teach respect for other peoples and beliefs, they follow only an islamic agenda they create a false sense of self-'superiority'- why should this be state funded or even allowed -this is what causes problems in the first place. respect begates respect.

Are you serious? What has Islam done for education?
Reply 57
Original post by Galileo Galilei
Are you serious? What has Islam done for education?
yes i am and that is the question i already asked
yes i am and that is the question i already asked

Read about Mathematics and Algebra.
Reply 59
Original post by Galileo Galilei
Read about Mathematics and Algebra.
i have already thanks. neither had anything to do with islam.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending