The Student Room Group

Need revision tips

IM DOING EDEXCEL PSYCHOLOGY A LEVELS
first year, i need revision tips or websites to revise unit 1 and 2
Reply 1
Original post by maliha97

am doing unit 2 totally lost too much stuff hate how i studied from that orange book but marking scheme say a different answer :'(
Reply 2

Different things work for different people.

If you start early enough, something that works in general for everyone is the condensing of information into note-form (or some kind of shorter form). So basically, you're classwork and textbook will have a tonne of complicated information in it. If you highlight the relevant stuff, condense it, and re-write it onto flashcards or fresh notes it will help. You'll be able to calm down a bit and know that everything you need to know is in your new revision notes (i.e. in one place), then just revise from them.

General techniques to try after condensing your notes: putting sticky notes of things around your room (for example, writing the name of a study and who did the study on a post-it note and sticking it above your desk will help you to remember studies better and automatically recall them in the exam), or you could try getting your mum to test you or you could bore your mum by explaining a concept to her off-by-heart to see if you can remember it.

When you think you know something well, or you're getting there, try doing some past papers and looking at the online mark schemes to see how well you're doing.
Reply 3
Original post by macey90
am doing unit 2 totally lost too much stuff hate how i studied from that orange book but marking scheme say a different answer :'(

Sorry for very late reply, hardly on this but hey how did the exam go? I totally failed unit 1 but unit 2 was great, wbu? :smile:
Reply 4
? When should one do independent study for a/s.
Original post by ZeroName

Ideally no later than now, but you could have started at the start of the academic year.

I anticipate the question: How much...

The more you do, the more you'll benefit (Not just in exam results).
Reply 6
Original post by ZeroName

from experience i'm telling you to start NOW honestly, the later you start the harder it is, and i'm not saying to do hard core revision just after every lesson go through and make revision notes on what you've done so when its nearer to exam time you can just get the notes out and revise instead of wasting time writing out revision notes
Reply 7
haha no probs I got a C actually proud of it didn't really study well for it am do A level now wish me luck r you done???
Sorry for very late reply, hardly on this but hey how did the exam go? I totally failed unit 1 but unit 2 was great, wbu? :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by macey90
haha no probs I got a C actually proud of it didn't really study well for it am do A level now wish me luck r you done???

im doing a2 psychology now so yeah so far the topics are interesting, are you doing it at a2?

Quick Reply

Latest