The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE French Reading/Listening 12th May 2014

Bonjour, tout le monde !

Le Français est une langue assez difficile à comprendre et c'est pourquoi les gens ne l’aime pas. Mais si nous pratiquions ensemble, nous pourrons atteindre de bons résultats !

Alors, que faites-vous pour le réviser et avez-vous quelques conseils pour nous améliorer ?

En Anglais

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Well, I'm using Kerboodle. It's really good- it's got listening practices, listening vocab and just a load of vocab practice :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by WanderingWorrier
Well, I'm using Kerboodle. It's really good- it's got listening practices, listening vocab and just a load of vocab practice :biggrin:

My school have got that - it's so good!

Are you stronger at reading or listening?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kingaaran
My school have got that - it's so good!

Are you stronger at reading or listening?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reading, by far. My listening in both French and German is worrying me, so that's one area I need to focus on D:
Reply 4
Original post by WanderingWorrier
Reading, by far. My listening in both French and German is worrying me, so that's one area I need to focus on D:

Aha, same, but I'm working on it: every time I learn new vocabulary, I always make sure I know how it is pronounced, and that seems to be working. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello!

I never really bother revising for languages. I'm doing the French and German papers. I've done all the past papers and a good idea is to do some AS papers if you've finished all the gcse ones

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by WriterOfWrongs
Hello!

I never really bother revising for languages. I'm doing the French and German papers. I've done all the past papers and a good idea is to do some AS papers if you've finished all the gcse ones

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like that: doing AS papers - I might give it a go. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Wouldn't stress too much, the reading and listening are fairly easy. They may not seem it but they are!

Listen for key phrases such as the activity or place as well as the tone of their voice in the listening and it should lead you to the answer.

In reading you need to use common sense largely just look at the key words and you'll find the answer I'm sure.

This is coming from someone who dropped a total of 5 marks in both exams with very little revision or talent! It's all about common sense.
Good luck!!:afro:
Reply 8
I'm doing AS French- It's not so bad but... Not wholly interesting either. An okay subject but the speaking jump from GCSE to A level is crazy in my opinion.
Reply 9
i do edexcel french I'm doing foundation listening and higher reading
Original post by Mattiona03
I'm doing AS French- It's not so bad but... Not wholly interesting either. An okay subject but the speaking jump from GCSE to A level is crazy in my opinion.

Gcse totally unprepares you for it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I agree with others, use your common sense and keep practising the papers (a lot of similar vocab/answers come up each year). Sometimes you can even work out what an answer would be without even reading or listening. Of course, it's a good idea to check the text and listen out for what you think it might be, but you'll be surprised by how many things you hear/read that you expected...
How is everyone feeling for Monday?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kingaaran
How is everyone feeling for Monday?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay I think. I've done all the listening past papers and most of the reading.... you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WriterOfWrongs
Okay I think. I've done all the listening past papers and most of the reading.... you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Slightly prepared, but I need to do some more past paper practice. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I use memorise. It's really good...and fun :') And I also listen to a lot of french music (Some french songs from Pink Martini and Stromae)
Original post by Dariaandahsfan
I use memorise. It's really good...and fun :') And I also listen to a lot of french music (Some french songs from Pink Martini and Stromae)

Pink martini! They sing that one with the video in black and white with the girl

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
You can use cRaMiT vocab apps (for iPhone, iPad, iPod, Kindle and Android devices) to check off the words from the exam board vocab lists. French, German and Spanish for AQA and Edexcel lists are available as separate apps. Really simple to use.
Any advice for reading?
pas mal de comes up alot so does j'en ai marre :tongue: learn

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending