The Student Room Group

Does a woman's weight fluctuate a lot?

I work with 3 women and they're hot, but sometimes I look at them and think not. It is generally because they look fatter, but I will see them a week or so later and they will be hot again. They all do live hedonistic lifestyles....is it to do with that or does a women's weight just fluctuate much more than a man's?
(edited 10 years ago)
Period bloat might make them look fatter I guess :smile:
Most women would dream of being able to lose weight as quickly as these colleagues you speak of.
Reply 3
I did think that...but I assumed period bloat was a myth and it was more to do with comfort eating with an excuse.
Reply 4
Maybe they're bloated from all the drinking
Mine fluctuates a tiny bit, but nothing as extreme as you describe :erm: Maybe it's just your imagination?
Not my weight in kg but my body appearance from day to night changes a bit but I think that's due to bloating.
Reply 7
You put on weight during your period due to water retention generally so that's probably what you are seeing.

My weight barely fluctuates ever. It'd be weird if they were putting on an losing weight that quickly - it is probably what they were wearing on the day
Reply 8
ladies tend to put on weight when they are expecting a baby ?
Mine fluctuates dramatically, I've been ten stone and fifteen stone and everything in between. One time I ate a sandwich and put on a pound :confused:
Reply 10
Original post by Mr_Sinister
They all do live hedonistic lifestyles....is it to do with that or does a women's weight just fluctuate much more than a man's?

Maybe and yes. If a bit of weight gain puts you off you are too immature for any of them.
LOL@ period bloat being a myth. It exists. My breasts can fluctuate between 2 cupsizes during a one month cycle and I get quite a tummy on with that water retention.

To be honest though if you really think that makes girls completely lose their looks, I'm not sure how you would deal with having a girlfriend. This **** is real.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Eveiebaby
LOL@ period bloat being a myth. It exists. My breasts can fluctuate between 2 cupsizes during a one month cycle and I get quite a tummy on with that water retention.

To be honest though if you really think that makes girls completely lose their looks, I'm not sure how you would deal with having a girlfriend. This **** is real.

You tell him girl! :wink:
Mine fluctuates between 51kg and 54kg throughout the day..

But I expect you mean a more extreme fluctuation?
Yes girls can gain and lose weight depending on hormones, but it's quite unusual for other people to be able to notice it. Girls may think they look huge but it's usually only a pound or two, and more often than not they will wear clothing to hide it anyway.

Maybe it's your own perception of them. It has been proven that women are more attractive at certain points of their cycle due to the pheromones they produce but, again, it is subtle, and not something I would have expected people to consciously pick up on.
Reply 15
Original post by suedonim
Maybe and yes. If a bit of weight gain puts you off you are too immature for any of them.

I am attracted to what I am attracted to, I don't get to choose.
Reply 16
I am very judgmental on looks so do pick up on stuff that most don't.

But they are the kind of women that will have takeaway all day then get smashed(so mega calories)...then take cocaine and not eat for a day. It is just some days I see them and they're looking hot and then the next time I see them they're looking bloated. It just seems to be these 3 though rather than all, but I am probably more judgmental on them because I find them hot. Plus I like more curvy girls and so i guess they walk the line for me.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Mine fluctuates dramatically, I've been ten stone and fifteen stone and everything in between. One time I ate a sandwich and put on a pound :confused:

I just have to look at food and I go up 3 dress sizes :sad:
Depends on hormone, lifestyle, diet. Do they drink a lot when they put on weight? Could be bloat or excessive/dramatically increased calories from that.

I gain and lose half a dress size every 6 months or so. I'm getting sick of it because my jeans get uncomfortable when I gain so to combat it I'm currently losing an entire dress size so if I gain the half dress size again then my jeans won't be so uncomfortable. :borat:

Quick Reply

Latest