The Student Room Group

Roberta's gym

Has anyone tried the videos on this youtube channel?
If so, did it work? What did you use it for (what did you train etc.) How long did you use it for?

I was going to start using it but want to know if it's effective and how to get the optimum results out of using it.

Thanks
V
Reply 1
Never heard of it, but just now looking at the channel for a few minutes, I can say:

Exercise is never bad. Do this if it gets you moving!

Don't expect immediate results, as the thumbnails suggest. They are clickbait, and remember that consistency is key. Also, avoid weighing yourself too often. Your body weight will fluctuate a lot due to water levels and other factors (You can imagine), so it might be discouraging to see yourself a week later seemingly having made no progress, but you surely would have, it's just that it will not show up on the scale.

Diet is also important. Eat some fruit and vegetables every day, get some protein, etc.. I'm sure you know the gist of it, but don't be scared to ask more questions, or do some of your own research :smile:

If this doesn't channel doesn't work for you, try something else. That could be anything such as going on a 30 minute walk every day, challenging yourself to 50 push ups or squats per day, doing a fitness challenge (e.g. 5 push ups day one, 10 day two, ... 100 day 30), or a different channel.

Last few words. Remember to keep at it, and do some exercise every day. Aim for 30 minutes a day, and keep moving. It may be hard to not fall into the lifestyle of a couch potato at a time like this, but maybe keep your water bottle filled by going to the kitchen sink every 30 minutes, just to stretch your legs. Maybe use your computer or phone while standing up. Something like that to keep yourself slightly active throughout the day. Oh, and don't believe the things those videos say on Roberta Gym (Lose 4kg in 7 days, lose fat fast, 7 day get fit, etc.) as those are to attract desperate people looking for a quick solution. They will not work. The real solution is a lot more boring, though I know you can do it, and have the patience for it.
Best of luck! :smile:
Original post by MacWas
Never heard of it, but just now looking at the channel for a few minutes, I can say:

Exercise is never bad. Do this if it gets you moving!

Don't expect immediate results, as the thumbnails suggest. They are clickbait, and remember that consistency is key. Also, avoid weighing yourself too often. Your body weight will fluctuate a lot due to water levels and other factors (You can imagine), so it might be discouraging to see yourself a week later seemingly having made no progress, but you surely would have, it's just that it will not show up on the scale.

Diet is also important. Eat some fruit and vegetables every day, get some protein, etc.. I'm sure you know the gist of it, but don't be scared to ask more questions, or do some of your own research :smile:

If this doesn't channel doesn't work for you, try something else. That could be anything such as going on a 30 minute walk every day, challenging yourself to 50 push ups or squats per day, doing a fitness challenge (e.g. 5 push ups day one, 10 day two, ... 100 day 30), or a different channel.

Last few words. Remember to keep at it, and do some exercise every day. Aim for 30 minutes a day, and keep moving. It may be hard to not fall into the lifestyle of a couch potato at a time like this, but maybe keep your water bottle filled by going to the kitchen sink every 30 minutes, just to stretch your legs. Maybe use your computer or phone while standing up. Something like that to keep yourself slightly active throughout the day. Oh, and don't believe the things those videos say on Roberta Gym (Lose 4kg in 7 days, lose fat fast, 7 day get fit, etc.) as those are to attract desperate people looking for a quick solution. They will not work. The real solution is a lot more boring, though I know you can do it, and have the patience for it.
Best of luck! :smile:

Thank you so much for your advice and for researching it too😊. I will definitely follow your advice. It’s just so difficult to keep at it when the results don’t show!

V
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Yes I know Roberta's Gym channel well, used to work out with it like 6 months ago.
I think the workouts are good, I remember getting good results with one of their "30 minutes weight loss" or something like that. Used to do it Monday to Friday, but I also combined it with healthy eating (bread/sweets only in the morning etc).
So as MacWas said you should just stick to it and exercise regularly.
Original post by vallere
Yes I know Roberta's Gym channel well, used to work out with it like 6 months ago.
I think the workouts are good, I remember getting good results with one of their "30 minutes weight loss" or something like that. Used to do it Monday to Friday, but I also combined it with healthy eating (bread/sweets only in the morning etc).
So as MacWas said you should just stick to it and exercise regularly.

Ooh great to know u saw results! Thanks 😊
Yes. I’m 20 years old and started working out a couple of weeks ago. I follow the 14 day workout challenge video, slimmer waist video, 3 day loose arm fat exercises and loose thigh fat exercise video. I do these 4 exercise videos regularly with intervals so that I don’t feel overworked and bored. Trust me I’ve gained so much good results. But I also eat my meals within a limit and don’t binge eat. That doesn’t mean I’ve cut my sugar off entirely. I eat every type, but with a certain limit. Also, I skip some of the exercises in these videos that feels too tough for me and I instead do my own easy workouts for those. Be creative cause at the end of the day it’s about yourself. Make sure to follow a good routine. Good luck !
Reply 6
Roberta's Gym is actually my fav workout channel on youtube haha. I discovered it about a year ago and still try to work out at least 2 days a week with their videos, although not always have the discipline to exercise. The results are good, I feel my muscles burning after each workout. What I like about them is that there is no small talk on the channel. Just a diverse set of exercises with clear rep counting which is what I need. Also it tends to cover all the muscle groups, so excercising twice a week covers all the body. But of course you also need to make sure your nutrition is not rubbish. Mainly stay away from carbs and fast food. So try to exercise at least 2-3 times a week if you want to stay on track and see any results, otherwise you'll just waste time!

Quick Reply

Latest