The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Not all do.
EffingKrazy
but why?? i dont get it

They can. They have their own reasons as to why.
Reply 3
Arnt they called pescetarian or something?
Just to clarify. There is not a single vegetarian on this planet who eats fish.

However, there are some people who do eat fish, and call themselves vegetarian. they're lying. They aren't vegetarians.

Vegetarians do not eat fish.
Reply 5
slightly off topic but fish fingers do taste nice ....mmmm
BlackpoolCraig
Just to clarify. There is not a single vegetarian on this planet who eats fish.

However, there are some people who do eat fish, and call themselves vegetarian. they're lying. They aren't vegetarians.

Vegetarians do not eat fish.

correct.
Reply 7
there are 2 main reasons why people become vegetarians.
1) they believe in animal rights and that it is cruel to kill
2) they want to eat healthier

vegetarians for #2 are the ones who usually eat fish... because it is considered "healthy" enough
Reply 8
Yep. Vegetarians don't eat fish. People who don't eat meat (some call themselves vegetarians because it's easier) do eat fish. I used to be a vegetarian but frankly, am now a hypocrite because I eat fish. It's hard to get enough protein if you don't, and it can be a very boring diet if you're not really willing to properly cook all your meals and just want to heat them up or whatever.

Oh, and I'm number 2, just hypocritical.
Reply 9
I did know one person who wouldn't eat meat because they thought it was wrong to kill animals for food. Except one day, they were eating a prawn mayo baguette, which about a hundred living things had to die to make, whereas a single pig or cow could feed a person for weeks! Now *that* was hypocritical...
I don't eat meat because I don't like the idea of animals being killed for my food - but sometimes I eat fish because it's sufficiently easy to disassociate fish meat from the animal. I'm entirely aware what a hypocrite this makes me.
People who claim to be vegetarian and eat fish are not vegetarian. Sure their diet might be mainly vegetarian but they aren't exclusively vegetarian. i have a friend who goes around feeling self righteous and preaching to everyone about how evil it is to eat meat yet every so often he'll eat fish or chicken and just the other day he had duck. Really pisses me off.
i have a friend who goes around feeling self righteous and preaching to everyone about how evil it is to eat meat yet every so often he'll eat fish or chicken and just the other day he had duck. Really pisses me off.

He sounds like a tosser. It annoys me when vegetarians and vegans preach to meat eaters, it gives us all a bad name (even the hypocritical ones like me and not). And for the guy to then go and eat duck or chicken would make me want to slap him.
supertramp
He sounds like a tosser. It annoys me when vegetarians and vegans preach to meat eaters, it gives us all a bad name (even the hypocritical ones like me and not). And for the guy to then go and eat duck or chicken would make me want to slap him.

It's really annoying coz he does it so slyly aswell. I only caught him out after years of preaching and pretending to be a vegetarian because he forgot and told me he was going fishing and i asked him "oh so fish don't feel pain then?" and he looked all embarrassed and begun laughing. He doesn't preach to me anymore though coz i'll tell him where to stick it and he knows that if he does it i'll remind him how he's a fake vegetarian.
Some vegetarians eat fish because its cold-blooded (I think?) and so they think its ok.
Some eat fish to get enough protein.

I don't - I'm vegetarian simply because I don't really like the taste of most meats.
Reply 15
Yeah, I'm a non-smoker. Except for cigarettes.
mml
there are 2 main reasons why people become vegetarians.
1) they believe in animal rights and that it is cruel to kill
2) they want to eat healthier

vegetarians for #2 are the ones who usually eat fish... because it is considered "healthy" enough

Or, like me, they find the taste/smell/texture of meat revolting.
Mmmm...Scottish smoked salmon makes Kate a happy girl :p:
I really hate many meaty meats, such as beef pork and lamb.

I do occasionally eat chicken and turkey and more often eat fish.

I'm not a vegetarian, but often say to people that I am if they are going to be cooking a meal for me, as it's easier than trying to explain which meants and fish I like and don't like...it leaves them with no confusion over what I will and will not eat.
Reply 19
Veggos do not eat fish, it's like saying "I'm vegetarian... but I eat chicken" It doesn't work

Latest

Trending

Trending