The Student Room Group

Can't motivate myself today :/ Why?

Yesterday I did loads of history revision... I had loads planned for today as well because I'm really stressed because I'm so far behind my schedule (yes, it was maybe too punishing :/) but today I just can't focus for more than ten minutes...I feel anxious and tired and bored :frown: Is there anything anyone can recommend?
Reply 1
Taking a nap normally boosts productivity if you're just not feeling it :yep: . To everyone reading this, sleep is very important for your memory - so get enough! :tongue:

Alternatively, if you're not being productive, go for a walk (or something active) to try and get your body into the swing of things :yep:
Reply 2
Drink water and have a healthy snack during your revision such as some fruits.
This will help you from getting demotivated and tired.

Just think to yourself: how badly do you want to do good in your exams?

It'll be worth it. Just keep going on...
:]
Reply 3
ehe
(edited 9 years ago)
Maybe try revising in a way that incorporates something you enjoy? For example, if you enjoy singing you could try singing some information that you need to remember to a tune you like; or if you enjoy art you could try making a colourful mind map.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you haven't incorporated "days off" into your revision plan - do so. Everyone needs them and if you don't you'll just end up throwing your schedule anyway when you do inevitably have one. Otherwise you just end up completely burnt out by the time the exams come around.

Obviously if you can't motivate yourself the entire week, then it's another story.

How often you should have them, though, is up to your best guess. :smile:
Maybe you could think about the feeling of getting a bad grade as oppose to the feeling of getting a good grade...
Thats why I have anxiety problems, please don't do what I said above.
You could do different things on different days as I was studying biology for 4 days and could no longer take it so I did some physics and I was back in the groove!
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending