The Student Room Group

Uni students

Have any of you ever been employed as student ambassadors (as a part time income source) & if so, would you recommend it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did, and I had quite a bit of fun doing so, was ok money, so yeah - I would recommend it.
Reply 2
I haven't but my friend is. She says the pays very good and it doesn't feel like she's doing a paid job, it feels more like 'volunteering' for her.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by sidmagic
I haven't but my friend is. She says the pays very good and it doesn't feel like she's doing a paid job, it feels more like 'volunteering' for her.

It's good to hear it pays a lot, I had heard the opposite! I assume it is the only job she needs at uni then? I wondered whether it would need to be topped up with other more conventional part time work including waitressing/retail etc.

Original post by rmhumphries
I did, and I had quite a bit of fun doing so, was ok money, so yeah - I would recommend it.

Is it a 'casual' type of job in how often you have to work? Is it just a few open days here and there or more than that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by colourpurple
It's good to hear it pays a lot, I had heard the opposite! I assume it is the only job she needs at uni then? I wondered whether it would need to be topped up with other more conventional part time work including waitressing/retail etc.

Is it a 'casual' type of job in how often you have to work? Is it just a few open days here and there or more than that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only did a few days here and there, however you could apply to do work more regularly (about 5-10 hours a week) if you wanted.
Reply 5
I did a few open days, it's really good money and we got free cupcakes :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending