The Student Room Group

Of mice and men york notes or cgp?

Which one should I buy for the exam? Which ones better? ������
Reply 1
I had cgp last year and found it too basic when I was aiming for a B. Maybe try York Notes then. :-)
I didn't do Of Mice and Men, but I had CGP for The Crucible an York Notes for To Kill A Mockingbird. I found that the CGP was far far far more useful. York Notes is very basic. I'd suggest reading the reviews on Amazon.
I would also recommend MrBuff's videos on youtube if you haven't checked the out yet. He has a playlist dedicated to OMAN and A* analysis for it :smile:
Personally, I have the York Notes guide, which is decent, but there's only basic analysis. There are some useful exam techniques in there though...like using embedded quotations and stuff.
I did TKAM. I purchased both books. For the CA if you still do one I corrorborrated both books.

For the exam, I winged it. Couldn't remember reading the chapter that came up at all. Obviously I would not recommend this though.

If you don't have access to these books via pdf or library, go for CGP. Alternatively visit SparkNotes. Lots of useful info there.
york

Quick Reply

Latest