The Student Room Group

Help Studing GCSE'S

Does anyone have any materials they used to pass GCSES? I would love help, I'm getting 5's+ in other subjects like english language i'm getting 7's. I'm wondering for any advice. I am able to tell you all the subjects I am studying. Mainly maths help if anyone has help with that.

Thank you :smile:)
Original post by flowers4ellie
Does anyone have any materials they used to pass GCSES? I would love help, I'm getting 5's+ in other subjects like english language i'm getting 7's. I'm wondering for any advice. I am able to tell you all the subjects I am studying. Mainly maths help if anyone has help with that.

Honestly for maths the main things to use for revision in my opinion are past paper questions, as many as possible as that's what's most similar to what will actually come up in your exam. I also use other websites for specific topics, for example maths genie or corbett maths. Also for corbett maths the five a day they do is very useful for a quick recap of topics that you can do everyday for a little bit of revision! If you don't understand a specific topic I would also recommend watching a video on youtube that explains how to do those questions as that has helped me a lot before.
Original post by flowers4ellie

For science: freesciencelessons, PMT, MME revise, CGP practice workbooks + oxford revise revision guide
For maths: GCSE maths tutor, maths genie, cgp revision guide, MME revise + Exam Q (for past papers)
For other subjects: PMT, CGP revision guides, York Notes revision guides (for english) + of course past papers and specifications

I'd say the main ones are specifications, past papers, PMT and freesciencelessons as those are the ones that are helping me aim for higher grades.

As @Lilla_Milla said, corbett maths 5 a day can be helpful to get that gradual improvement in maths as it can also motivate you to actively improve your understanding/application skills in maths outside of normal exam revision.

Quick Reply

Latest