The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Stafford Uni -Childrens nursing

Hi all, i had an interview on 27th march for children s nursing and after 4 of the longest weeks of my life lol, ive finally found out that i have gotten a conditional offer for one of the 19 places!! had anyone else got an offer and accepted to start in Sept 2014? xxx
Reply 1
Original post by jsangus1
Hi all, i had an interview on 27th march for children s nursing and after 4 of the longest weeks of my life lol, ive finally found out that i have gotten a conditional offer for one of the 19 places!! had anyone else got an offer and accepted to start in Sept 2014? xxx

Hey, I've got my interview next week. Any tips? What is the group session like? What questions did they ask in interview? Congratulations too :-)
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi! you have to get through the group interview before you get though I the next stage otherwise u get sent home. Make sure you stand out for good reasons in the group part, try and have the first and last say too! Make sure you in corporate how you would use the 6 C's in the scenario! And hopefully you the through to the next stage! Be yourself an be confident! Make sure ur 100% clued up on the role of a nurse etc and show you have researched about the Uni! Good luck! Be yourself. They are really really nice ladies who run the interview day. And don't forget any documents! Quite a few turned up without references an qualifications etc x
Reply 3
Oh fab thank you. For the role did you say things that nurses do or attributes? Like good communicator, none judgemental etc. I always don't know what they are looking for. I don't think I will ever be ready, a little scared but I know karen and Mary so hopefully that calms my nerves. I've got into wolves but really want to have a go to get into staffs. Just want it over. Again congratulations :-)
​Personally for me, (I applied for paramedics so could of course be different) make sure you get your say across in the group discussion but make sure everyone else gets heard too, don't speak over them or try and force your opinion on others. Had one chap you seemed confident in the group discussion but was quite loud and wanted to make sure he was heard by everyone, he didn't make it to the interview stage, of course it could have been for another reason but I feel that didn't help. It's all about contributing to the discussion but also listening and taking on board what other people have said.

​As for the actual interview, obviously know yourself why you want to do but be 100% honest. They've heard all the buzzwords and perfectly practised answers probably 1000 times over, they want to know why YOU want to do it. I found my interviewer to be extremely friendly which helped me relax a lot and it felt more like a chat than an actual interview.

Hope this helps.
Good luck!

Reply 5
Yeah just what you think a nurse does and what patients expect from you etc. they don't ask many questions they want to hear what's interesting about you and where you passion stems from! And I totally agree about the group discussion above ^^^ don't over talk anyone. I was lucky enough to have a nice group of girls and we all had our say! But also nt be scared to disagree with someone of you wouldn't do they same as they do... Also I would say if someone hasn't said anything ask them if they would like to say something.. It shows you care about what others have to say.. And maybe try and round up the scenario by asking everyone if they are ready to come to a conclusion and agree on what you would do. Our group only took about 15 mins because we agreed but the other group was like half an hour! X
Reply 6
All done :-)
I got through to the interview and think it went well. Not as good as Wolverhampton, I felt I got the first few questions spot on. The last few I went on maybe too much.
Fingers crossed and thank you both for you help, I made sure I had the first and last say ;-) now it's a waiting game xx
Reply 7
Original post by Lou1988
All done :-)
I got through to the interview and think it went well. Not as gooeed as Wolverhampton, I felt I got the first few questions spot on. The last few I went on maybe too much.
Fingers crossed and thank you both for you help, I made sure I had the first and last say ;-) now it's a waiting game xx

Well done hunni!! Fingers crossed! Is Stafford your first choice! Give them a ring a week if you don't hear back they wil probs let you know over the phone x
Reply 8
The girl I went with and a few others got a no today :-( super sad for them. Umm either is fine. I'm lucky to get a place really lucky but would lovvvveeee a yes from Stafford :-) I will let you know when I do :-) have you accepted? Lou
Original post by Lou1988
The girl I went with and a few others got a no today :-( super sad for them. Umm either is fine. I'm lucky to get a place really lucky but would lovvvveeee a yes from Stafford :-) I will let you know when I do :-) have you accepted? Lou

Its a shame its such a competitive course, hope it all goes well. I know for paras you have to fight tooth and nail as well to get a place.
Reply 10
I GOT A PLACE!!!! Eeeekkkkkk x
Original post by Lou1988
I GOT A PLACE!!!! Eeeekkkkkk x

Well bloody done!
Reply 12
Ahhh well done!!!! Are you going to firm Stafford?? I can't wait for sept seems so far away lol! Xx
Reply 13
Yes I am :-) we need to find the other 17 people now. Will pm you, add me on fb.
Thanks plateofchips, we shall be seeing you around too. September seems close to me. My daughter starts school then, which seems so grown up! X
Reply 14
Original post by Lou1988
Yes I am :-) we need to find the other 17 people now. Will pm you, add me on fb.
Thanks plateofchips, we shall be seeing you around too. September seems close to me. My daughter starts school then, which seems so grown up! X

Fab! I Dnt really use Facebook Hun I need to set up a new one! are u on Instagram?? I can msg u on direct msg on there, I've already been speaking to another girl who's got in to seems really nice! X
Reply 15
I'm on instragram, minilou140. Add me :-) that's fab you know someone else too. I'm trying to find out if anyone else in my group got in, so hope a girl call sam did but I've totally forgot her second name :-/ congrats again hun, we will have such an amazing 3 years x
Reply 16
Original post by jsangus1
Fab! I Dnt really use Facebook Hun I need to set up a new one! are u on Instagram?? I can msg u on direct msg on there, I've already been speaking to another girl who's got in to seems really nice! X

Oh that's how you add the message before lol :-//
Reply 17
Original post by Lou1988i
I'm on instragram, minilou140. Add me :-) that's fab you know someone else too. I'm trying to find out if anyone else in my group got in, so hope a girl call sam did but I've totally forgot her second name :-/ congrats again hun, we will have such an amazing 3 years x

I've added you on Instagram x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending