The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Assassin
most delusional poster on this forum lol. why are you always posting such unrealistic lineups?

out of the team you'll probably only get one of those players listed and that's Shaw :rolleyes:

Aww come on dare to dream :wink:

Nah its just banter..I would be delighted with something like Shaw, Kroos/Rakitic Carvalho, Garay, Griezmann.

Even that is probably asking too much, especially Kroos.

Nothing wrong with a bit of positivity..Ed will do the business! :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
This is probably a more realistic side for next season.

De Gea
Rafael Jones Garay Shaw
Carvalho Strootman/Carrick
Mata Rooney Kagawa/new LM
Van Persie
Original post by asr11
This is probably a more realistic side for next season.

De Gea
Rafael Jones Garay Shaw
Carvalho Strootman/Carrick
Mata Rooney Kagawa/new LM
Van Persie

If LVG sets up without Adnan he will be lynched.
Reply 1983
Original post by Old_Simon
If LVG sets up without Adnan he will be lynched.

He won't. Well known for giving youth a chance- wouldn't be surprised to see Lingard/Powell given playing time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
He won't. Well known for giving youth a chance- wouldn't be surprised to see Lingard/Powell given playing time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Let's hope so. #11 shirt for Adnan I hope !
Reply 1985
Let's hope so. #11 shirt for Adnan I hope !

#7 :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
most delusional poster on this forum lol. why are you always posting such unrealistic lineups?

out of the team you'll probably only get one of those players listed and that's Shaw :rolleyes:

Original post by FKLW
Mate that team is actually cringeworthy :rofl: just to let you know not all of us think like that. However we do still dream... :moon:

You're both talking nonsense to be honest. It's a second class attitude. Manchester United is easily the biggest club in Britain, and you could make an argument for it being the biggest in the world. I mean with Louis Van Gaal at the helm, a man that's won 19 trophies, a man that's won the league at every club he's been at, a proven winner, why wouldn't you join?

Hayles is one of the only people ambitious enough for this club. I could work with her in the boardroom.

- Vidal...why wouldn't he join? He's achieved the maximum he is going to at Juventus, in a league that is improving but is not a patch on the Premier League, he's 26, why wouldn't you move?

- Kroos...clearly an issue with his contract, you wouldn't let a player of that quality and that age run down to one year on his contract. He's on 72k a week, wants to earn 150k like Philip, the Chelsea rent boy and Frank the Snake. Bayern won't give it him. Frustrated at that and a lack of game time, Why wouldn't you join United for 250k a week? Robben and Muller love Van Gaal, they'd easily join.

- Reus...has personally said he wants to join, at a much smaller club, achieved the maximum he will at Dortmund, why wouldn't you join? Hummels the same.

I'm sick of these small dog attitudes. Assassin, you're a Chelsea fan? If Costa would join you, a significantly smaller club than Manchester United, then these players would join United. Kroos and Reus are 50/50, I'd be pretty surprised if one didn't arrive.

I'm not guaranteeing it. But those are the sorts of players that could well join, you're talking 50/50. I mean Kroos leaves Bayern, he doesn't go to Real or Barca, where do you go? You're not going to go to Everton, Liverpool, Arsenal over United based on one season. Cheslea and City not in for him.

These small dog attitudes just won't do. Louis wants to be number one next season, and I want to be number one.
Original post by Eboracum
You're both talking nonsense to be honest. It's a second class attitude. Manchester United is easily the biggest club in Britain, and you could make an argument for it being the biggest in the world. I mean with Louis Van Gaal at the helm, a man that's won 19 trophies, a man that's won the league at every club he's been at, a proven winner, why wouldn't you join?

Hayles is one of the only people ambitious enough for this club. I could work with her in the boardroom.

- Vidal...why wouldn't he join? He's achieved the maximum he is going to at Juventus, in a league that is improving but is not a patch on the Premier League, he's 26, why wouldn't you move?

- Kroos...clearly an issue with his contract, you wouldn't let a player of that quality and that age run down to one year on his contract. He's on 72k a week, wants to earn 150k like Philip, the Chelsea rent boy and Frank the Snake. Bayern won't give it him. Frustrated at that and a lack of game time, Why wouldn't you join United for 250k a week? Robben and Muller love Van Gaal, they'd easily join.

- Reus...has personally said he wants to join, at a much smaller club, achieved the maximum he will at Dortmund, why wouldn't you join? Hummels the same.

I'm sick of these small dog attitudes. Assassin, you're a Chelsea fan? If Costa would join you, a significantly smaller club than Manchester United, then these players would join United. Kroos and Reus are 50/50, I'd be pretty surprised if one didn't arrive.

I'm not guaranteeing it. But those are the sorts of players that could well join, you're talking 50/50. I mean Kroos leaves Bayern, he doesn't go to Real or Barca, where do you go? You're not going to go to Everton, Liverpool, Arsenal over United based on one season. Cheslea and City not in for him.

These small dog attitudes just won't do. Louis wants to be number one next season, and I want to be number one.

I am right with you and your attitude which is right on the money. I can't believe people in this thread applauding the likes of Smalling, Jones, Carrick. Each player in the team needs to be at least arguably one of the top 5 in the world in that position or at least on his way to becoming so. Why should an obscure club in Germany have - for example - a better right back than us ? We are all reluctant to tarnish SAFs memory and he may have been severely restricted budget wise, but the squad purchases have lacked an ambitious vision for years. It won't do.
Reply 1989
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Had a dream I was waiting for Ed Woodward with a few people (can't remember who) at a train station and we were meant to get on a train together but he was getting late. He phoned me and said he's late because he's bringing with him our new signing. For some reason, I was really expecting Kroos. Turned out to be Reus, I was ecstatic. I was actually celebrating in the train station. Don't know if anyone was watching.

Was Vanilla Ice there?
Original post by Eboracum

hey, feel free to quote these posts at the end of summer to show that I was wrong if you actually sign all those targets... :smile:
hey, feel free to quote these posts at the end of summer to show that I was wrong if you actually sign all those targets... :smile:

Well we may not get them all but I am fed up of reading that player x "won't join us". WE ARE MANCHESTER UNITED.
Well we may not get them all but I am fed up of reading that player x "won't join us". WE ARE MANCHESTER UNITED.

Chelsea are a far more attractive team to sign for even arsenal probably are
Original post by baconbutty
Chelsea are a far more attractive team to sign for even arsenal probably are

LOL. Ok if you say so !
LOL. Ok if you say so !

Champions league
Living in London
Competing for the league
Both got top managers

I think it's safe to say they are both far more attractive prospects how big many names have utd beat other big clubs to over the last 7 years or so? Don't kid yourself utd have nowhere near the same pulling power as the other top clubs
Champions league
Living in London
Competing for the league
Both got top managers

I think it's safe to say they are both far more attractive prospects how big many names have utd beat other big clubs to over the last 7 years or so? Don't kid yourself utd have nowhere near the same pulling power as the other top clubs

The latter two no longer offer an incentive compared to MU.

Champions League is a big one but players will want to come to play with LvG at the theatre of dreams. Maybe not world class players already somewhere good, but we can develop raw talent as we have before. Living in London is hardly a huge pull. Sure, it offers something different but I doubt many players will turn down a move to the North simply because of weather and nightclubs... That said, Ronaldinho did.

Champions league
Living in London
Competing for the league
Both got top managers

Who have Arsenal been able to attract in recent years? Ozil? Don't fool yourself. If we wanted him we would have got him.

Ultimately, Manchester United: -

Three Champions League finals (beating Barcelona, Chelsea and Arsenal on their way to these finals.

Four Premier League titles.

Arsenal: -

No Champions League finals

No Premier league titles (no higher than third)

Top manager? Tell me how many Champions Leagues as LvG won? How many has Wenger won?

Historically the London factor may be an issue for the likes of Spurs, perhaps Arsenal, over non-London clubs, though never really Manchester United. Even if it is now somewhat of an advantage, it is still one that can be outweighed by the simple fact that whatever our current struggles, we've been the dominant force in English football (and European football, at least more than any other English side) for the last 20 years. We've got the world's largest fanbase. We've got the finances, stadium and facilities.
Champions league
Living in London
Competing for the league

Both got top managers

Arsenal offer nowhere near the same wages as us. Players know that we can fill 75000 seat stadiums and have just hired a very well known, successful manager ourselves. Against Chelsea or City we don't have the same pulling power, but Chelsea have about 20 players out on loan who aren't going to get a sniff, while any decent midfielder knows they will walk into our midfield. Players probably expect by now to be constantly fighting for 3/4 place if they sign for Arsenal, while they play beautiful football they are not well known for attracting big players at big costs.

Probably Chelsea>Man City>Man United>Liverpool>Arsenal I think. Liverpools a wild card because I don't think they will offer wages near what us, City or Chelsea will.

My point is, with van Gaal in, I think most players anticipate us getting CL footy next year, so wouldn't expect many players to choose Arsenal or Liverpool over us.
Original post by River85
Who have Arsenal been able to attract in recent years? Ozil? Don't fool yourself. If we wanted him we would have got him.

Ultimately, Manchester United: -

Three Champions League finals (beating Barcelona, Chelsea and Arsenal on their way to these finals.

Four Premier League titles.

Arsenal: -

No Champions League finals

No Premier league titles (no higher than third)

Top manager? Tell me how many Champions Leagues as LvG won? How many has Wenger won?

Historically the London factor may be an issue for the likes of Spurs, perhaps Arsenal, over non-London clubs, though never really Manchester United. Even if it is now somewhat of an advantage, it is still one that can be outweighed by the simple fact that whatever our current struggles, we've been the dominant force in English football (and European football, at least more than any other English side) for the last 20 years. We've got the world's largest fanbase. We've got the finances, stadium and facilities.

You can live in the past all you want the fact of the matter is right now chelsea and arsenal are both better prospects I'm sure you would of got ozil that's why you settled for an inferior player in juan mata

How many massive players have this dominant force been signing lately? Utd can attract the Ashley youngs, Antonio Valencias but there's no way in hell players of the calibre of reus, Kroos and Vidal are joining

Realistic order of pulling power currently:

City
Chelsea
Arsenal
Utd/pool
The only motivation to join utd atm would be for money

World class players want to play with other world class players and who do utd have? Van persie? Will he even churn out over 20 games next season

Utd had a good generation of players but now it's come to an end and they've been replaced with inferior players such as jones, smalling, young, valencia, cleverley ridiculously mediocre team atm and it's going to take a lot more than Louis van gaal and 100mil to fix it

Latest