The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Even SAF is sleeping.
Reply 381
This is so poor. What are we doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Altidore raped you with that cross.
Why not move away from crossing football? Ashley Young is absolutely hopeless. Barely a Premier League footballer. Get some proper wing men in this Summer (Reus etc.) or switch to a 4-3-3.

At least this result knocks back the Giggs brigade. A 4-0 win against Norwich doesn't make you the new Guardiola. Need someone with balls who can look people like Young, Cleverley, Hernandez in the eye and say you're not good enough for this football club so you'll be moving on.

Woodward. Get Van Gaal or Guardiola done this week with 200M. Can't bare another season of this ****. I want us to win this game and get in the Europa League but unlikely with a poor manager like Giggs. Flat as a pancake. Another Moyes.
Original post by Mike_123
Phil jones' world cup chances are all but gone with Hodgson watching

He will go. He runs around a lot and can play in multiple positions.
Original post by NathanW18
He will go. He runs around a lot and can play in multiple positions.

He can play multiple positions but he's no good at any of them (CB @ Everton, RB today)
He can play multiple positions but he's no good at any of them (CB @ Everton, RB today)

Agreed. I do not think Jones is good, but many United fans seem to think he's amazing. Rarely ever plays well in defence.
Original post by Eboracum
At least this result knocks back the Giggs brigade. A 4-0 win against Norwich doesn't make you the new Guardiola. Need someone with balls who can look people like Young, Cleverley, Hernandez in the eye and say you're not good enough for this football club so you'll be moving on.

Why is everyone still attacking Cleverley when he's not even in the squad today? Fletcher and Carrick haven't been any better this season yet both are virtually immune from critisism. I don't understand.
I always felt a Van Gaal is needed despite the emotional appreciation towards Giggs. Some of these players need new - sometimes, confrontational and aggressive faces - who are going to push them. If the Class of 92 stayed, they'd still be in that relaxed zone I feel. Keep Giggs involved in the first team; put Scholes and Butt to be in charge of the youth/reserves teams as I believe LVG will want to introduce a philosophy at all levels of the playing side and send Phil Neville to join his brother in the studio.

He's likely to be England's starting right back because every other player in that position is absolutely dog****e.
Maybe you should bring Moyes back.
Original post by sr90
Why is everyone still attacking Cleverley when he's not even in the squad today? Fletcher and Carrick haven't been any better this season yet both are virtually immune from critisism. I don't understand.

Carrick's been poor all season. Never been our Lampard or Gerrard. We've not had quality CMs since Keane and Scholes in their day. Fletcher's not a United player but a good ambassador for the club.

Carrick shouldn't be immune, he doesn't offer that much. He just 'holds' the game in the middle of the park. From what exactly?

Today is exactly why we need Van Gaal and new players.
Carrick should be nowhere near the England squad
Reply 393
Hernandez can't score a proper goal to save his life

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zürich
Carrick should be nowhere near the England squad

Would it make that much of a difference if no Manchester United players were selected? I don't think it would.
Ffs.

I'm one of Hernandez' biggest fans but he's missed a sitter in each of the last 3 matches he's played. Pretty shocking.
Original post by sr90

Cleverley has shown enough to know he's not good enough. Carrick has shown he is generally good and this season is a one off. Fletcher the same as Carrick but he might not be good any more after his illness, which is also probably a factor in him not being criticised.
Original post by sr90

Unfortunately football fans and logic are not exactly best of friends. Cleverley is the bad guy, so je gets the blame, even if he doesn't play. Carrick situation is odd, 2 or 3 seasons ago he was playing well bit getting blamed for everything, now he is playing badly and, as you say, nothing...

It's not just fans that are guilty of this kind of thing though. How many pundits have blamed Demichellis for things at City while praising Kompany (and even putting him in team of the year).
Can't blame poor Moyes for your failures now, United are just a crap club with a crap team, get used to mid table mediocrity losers, in future you'll be begging to get into europa league.
we are awful, could have been 3-0 down :rofl:

Latest