The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Just lol. Words fail me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 581
To think i basically thought Liverpool would win the title when they beat City...
Luke Chadwick 1 - 0 Steven Gerrard

Original post by Manchester United
Luke Chadwick 1 - 0 Steven Gerrard

Even Inamoto and Cygan have premier league medals.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You reckon LVG is coning
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kruz
Even Inamoto and Cygan have premier league medals.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You forgot Ronnie Wallwork, a convicted criminal who has spent time in prison.
What a wonderful night.

And to top it off, one of the best Vine's ever was created.
My aim is to wake up every morning for the rest of the season, hop over to the Liverpool thread, and post those three magic words.

We go again.
Original post by sr90
Didn't bother turning on the Liverpool game when I got home because they were 3-0 up. **** sake, i've missed out on the ultimate bottlejob.

Shock, horror! Steven Gerrard, in the vicinity of a TV camera, doesn't KISS it!
Original post by IanDangerously
I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow's game, and I never look forward to going to Old Trafford for any reason. Mainly to see how they handle the usual last home game post-match formalities ... will there be a lap of (dis)honour and if there is how many fans will stay for it? Interesting.

Meant to be some protest going on before the game too

They f*cking best had do a lap of honour as a gesture to the fans who have been magnificent this season. Might end up turning into a Mexican stand off though - I can think of quite a few fans who don't really want to acknowledge the players!

What's this about? I normally keep on top of that stuff via redissue but I've had a temp ban and not had a text about anything?

In other news, absolutely delighted with how distraught Suarez (and to a lesser extent Gerrard) were. Detestable bastards. I do feel sorry for the likes of Coutinho, Sterling and Coutinho though. Fabulous players and seem like pretty mint lads and they've been let down by their manager's idiocy and their defenders' ineptitude!

Arsenal and Liverpool's status as supreme bottlejobs has been confirmed by bet365. Their odds for PL next season:

City - 15/8
Chelsea - 9/4
United - 5/1
Liverpool - 5/1
Arsenal - 11/1

Hilarious.
Kind of finding what this thread has descended into pretty sad. Making fun of Liverpool coming within touching distances of the title.

Reminds me of what those Arsenal fans have been doing for the past seven years..
Original post by Cutmeloose
Kind of finding what this thread has descended into pretty sad. Making fun of Liverpool coming within touching distances of the title.

Reminds me of what those Arsenal fans have been doing for the past seven years..

Lol it's exactly what any team would do about their biggest rival messing up in the funniest way

That lot from the down the m62 have been the most arrogant bunch of fans in the country for the past 2 decades with precious little to show for it. The fact that they've essentially imploded and robbed themselves of the chance to justify that arrogance is a sweet, sweet relief for me.
Original post by manchesterunited15
Lol it's exactly what any team would do about their biggest rival messing up in the funniest way

As Gary Neville said

Choosing between Liverpool and City is like having a choice of
two blokes to nick your wife

Not entirely willing to write off the fact that City have a claim to being the biggest force in Manchester right now.
Original post by StretfordEnd

Arsenal and Liverpool's status as supreme bottlejobs has been confirmed by bet365. Their odds for PL next season:

City - 15/8
Chelsea - 9/4
United - 5/1
Liverpool - 5/1
Arsenal - 11/1

Hilarious.

that's about right I expect, City and Chelsea will be the title favourites, for us the aim has to be champions league qualification, with the right signings that's definitely achievable, Liverpool and Arsenal will probably be around the UCL spots as well, don't know if I can see the likes of Spurs or Everton being involved or not at this point.
Reply 595

You're right I can't believe fans are making fun of their rivals

What has the world come to..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 596
Got 5mins left. I've just come here to say that Manchester United are **** if they don't get top 4 next season when the top clubs works overtime you get loads of half days and days off.

Although I said top teams, so I guess it doesn't apply to you guys.
Original post by Saf94
You're right I can't believe fans are making fun of their rivals

What has the world come to..

Posted from TSR Mobile

have a cookie :beer: and you've kind of missed the point. Last year Liverpool were not rivals, and it was rare to find such jubilation after a defeat even a key city defeat last year.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SciFiRory
that's about right I expect, City and Chelsea will be the title favourites, for us the aim has to be champions league qualification, with the right signings that's definitely achievable, Liverpool and Arsenal will probably be around the UCL spots as well, don't know if I can see the likes of Spurs or Everton being involved or not at this point.

To be fair, I've said for a while that Liverpool not winning the league this year will do them mentally and they won't come back as strong next year. I was more alluding to the younger players but Suarez' reaction says it all tonight. I understand being pathetic but that was well OTT!

I've also said for a while that this is just a blip for United and we will be right back to challenge for the CL spots and, by extension, the title.

These odds back up both points of view - United have better prospects than Liverpool, we're a bigger ticket. It is so nice to be able to say that even after a season in which Liverpool have been comprehensively better than us.
Not entirely willing to write off the fact that City have a claim to being the biggest force in Manchester right now.

A claim? Only a fool would argue that they are not.

Latest