Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website

Student accommodation - Teesside

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laurendoyle7951
I got accepted into Parkside Village too :smile:

That's good! :smile: I went for it because I think it looked the best in all honesty. Are you going with anyone?
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website
Original post by Jrichardson96
That's good! :smile: I went for it because I think it looked the best in all honesty. Are you going with anyone?

I don't know anyone else going to the uni tbh! Are you? And I liked that and king Edwards square :-)
I don't know anyone else going to the uni tbh! Are you? And I liked that and king Edwards square :-)

I'm going with four or three people I know believe it or not! So there will more than likely be myself in the accommodation, the four people I know, and one more person that I don't know.

I liked Woodland Halls and Parkside Village, but Parkside had the better rooms in my honest opinion.

Where are you coming from? And what course are you doing?

I'm coming from Newcastle and doing Indie Games Development :smile:
I'm going with four or three people I know believe it or not! So there will more than likely be myself in the accommodation, the four people I know, and one more person that I don't know.

I liked Woodland Halls and Parkside Village, but Parkside had the better rooms in my honest opinion.

Where are you coming from? And what course are you doing?

I'm coming from Newcastle and doing Indie Games Development :smile:

Aw that's awesome, you're so lucky!! I'm doing criminology and coming from Washington in Sunderland :-)
Aw that's awesome, you're so lucky!! I'm doing criminology and coming from Washington in Sunderland :-)

Criminology sounds ridiculously interesting, I hope you enjoy it :smile: Sunderland isn't that far away. I like being near so I can pop home to see the family if need be.

The majority of people actually think it's a bad thing going down with all those people, mainly because they think we'll end up falling out. So it may not be amazing :P However, it should be fun.
What date are people moving in? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by megan6244
What date are people moving in? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm moving in on the 12th, my course starts the 22nd so I thought ten days settling in period would be pretty good.

What about you?
I'm moving in on the 12th, my course starts the 22nd so I thought ten days settling in period would be pretty good.

What about you?

Okay! What halls are you in?
Well my friend's in Linthorpe halls, and is moving in on the 13th, and I said I would too. But someone who's in King Edwards square (I am too) said we can't move in til the 19th, so I don't know! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay! What halls are you in?
Well my friend's in Linthorpe halls, and is moving in on the 13th, and I said I would too. But someone who's in King Edwards square (I am too) said we can't move in til the 19th, so I don't know! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in Parkside Village :smile:

I wouldn't like to move in on the 19th, it'd feel way too late and that I wouldn't have enough settling in time.

If I was you, I'd ring up whoever you can at Linthorpe halls and find out for sure. If they do say it's the 19th, they may be able to let you come in earlier. I imagine they'll have had it sorted for a few weeks beforehand.

Do you have any relatives or friends you could stay with until the 19th if you can't get in? Because if not you may have to just explain to your friend that you can't.
I'm in Parkside Village :smile:

I wouldn't like to move in on the 19th, it'd feel way too late and that I wouldn't have enough settling in time.

If I was you, I'd ring up whoever you can at Linthorpe halls and find out for sure. If they do say it's the 19th, they may be able to let you come in earlier. I imagine they'll have had it sorted for a few weeks beforehand.

Do you have any relatives or friends you could stay with until the 19th if you can't get in? Because if not you may have to just explain to your friend that you can't.

Yeah I might give them a ring. I need more than two days to get my stall set up :') haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I might give them a ring. I need more than two days to get my stall set up :') haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you mean by a stall if you don't mind me asking? I'm intrigued. You could always email them as well.
Oh! It's just a bit of a Yorkshire slang, sorry! Stall set up, as in... Get myself up and running hehe:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh! It's just a bit of a Yorkshire slang, sorry! Stall set up, as in... Get myself up and running hehe:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow. Apparantly I'm out of touch with Yorkshire slang entirely haha. Yeah I know what you mean now, I'm the same I think it'll take ages to set up.
Original post by CoopsTibial
Just wondering if anyone's heard anything for the 2014-2015 year? Or anyone from last year that can let me know round about when they found out? Cheers

I got my email through yesterday with my forms. I'm in Parkside Hall :3 I'm slightly terrified as no one I know is going to Teesside so it'll either be a good way to make new friends, or my excruciating shyness will mean I remain by myself for three years.
Has anyone paid a deposit and got there contracts for there accommodation yet if staying at woodside halls?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KateTheDestroya
I'm slightly terrified as no one I know is going to Teesside so it'll either be a good way to make new friends, or my excruciating shyness will mean I remain by myself for three years.

No one I know is going to Teesside either :frown: Everyone in my art class is staying at the local Uni for foundation year, I'm the only one moving away lol only I'll be at Teesside for 5yrs because I'm doing a placement hopefully o_O
Original post by AlphaDog0127
No one I know is going to Teesside either :frown: Everyone in my art class is staying at the local Uni for foundation year, I'm the only one moving away lol only I'll be at Teesside for 5yrs because I'm doing a placement hopefully o_O

It's terrifying. I'm excited about the whole moving away thing and was surprised by the number of people who were staying at home :3 Have you got your accommodation sorted yet?
Original post by KateTheDestroya
It's terrifying. I'm excited about the whole moving away thing and was surprised by the number of people who were staying at home :3 Have you got your accommodation sorted yet?

I know I'm in Woodlands but haven't got the paperwork yet :frown:
I applied for my accommodation about three weeks ago and heard back the next week confirming my place in Parkside Village. :smile:

a fellow parkside villager :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

given that im technically a northerner i basically translated 'stall set up' as in your room is your stall (like a horses) so you need to get it sorted before you can live there :P

haha oh deary, thats a bit too much of a london translation XD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending