The Student Room Group

which university...

So i'm just wondering peoples opinion on Sunderland university and Teesside University. I have been offered a place at both for paramedic science, and I know the decider is down to me but i'm just curious on peoples opinions?
Thankyou!
Original post by beccalamb1
So i'm just wondering peoples opinion on Sunderland university and Teesside University. I have been offered a place at both for paramedic science, and I know the decider is down to me but i'm just curious on peoples opinions?
Thankyou!

Tagging in the official reps to help you get a reply @UniversityOfSunderland @Teesside University
Hi there.

Congratulations on being offered a place! I bet you're super excited to start.

Your choice of university should be based upon what the course can offer a prospective student to fulfil their ambition when you graduate. Teesside University Paramedic Science program offers students the chance to immerse themselves into Simulated scenarios that they will find themselves attending in future practice. We try our best to make sure every student has the tools necessary to face the oncoming challenges that they are going to have to deal with in practice.

We support students in all areas, academic and on placement as well as practically and will try to make the learning environment a place where students are walking out of a lecture/practical session with the required knowledge they will need to deal with any situation in practice.

We have recently re-wrote the course to make sure the course produces paramedics who are future proofed and are ready to deal with the up and coming decisions that they will face, daily.

We have many different lecture theatres and rooms prepared to allow students to feel that they are able to immerse themselves into and show that in a controlled situation they are ready for their future profession.

You can find out more by watching a subject spotlight video here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSE2R2sPflY&list=PLyWcNrkrm05VbmJemYUeJu_mgLU_Yz2EF&index=11

and you can also tour the fantastic facilities you would be using when you start with us in September here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNmTSpk4UPA&list=PLyWcNrkrm05VbmJemYUeJu_mgLU_Yz2EF&index=4

Both videos are great watches if we do say so ourselves :smile:

We really hope to see you in September and good luck with any upcoming exams.

We hope this helps and if you want any further information please get in touch on social media or drop us an email at [email protected]

Harry :smile:
Lecturer
Emergency Care & Paramedic Science Allied Health Professions
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by beccalamb1
Thankyou!

Hi Becca,

Congratulations on securing your offers!

Paramedic Science is a great course and we're lucky to have ours ranked 10th in the UK (Guardian University Guide 2023)
The course will equip you to meet the challenges of modern paramedic practice and enable you to deal with unpredictable situations competently and confidently. As a student you will learn potentially lifesaving procedures that will allow you to treat and stabilise patients at the scene of an accident or emergency. Key areas of study include anatomy and physiology, pharmacology, law and ethics and management and leadership.

You'll undoubtedly have questions about how the course compares, but it's important to consider where you want to live.

Sunderland is located within the county of Tyne and Wear, in the North East of England and provides the perfect mix of city and seaside living. We're based in a fantastic part of the country with great access to local towns and cities thank to the great transport links making Sunderland a great choice for somewhere to live and study.
We're super friendly and best of all, affordable!
Sunderland is one of the cheapest places to live in the UK. In fact, Halifax ranked it the 11th most affordable city in 2021, so it’s a great option if you want to live comfortably on a budget.

Our accommodation is all self-catered, with fully equipped kitchens and onsite coin-operated laundry facilities, and super speedy wifi.

Student experience is key so we'd encourage you to also research all the extra curricular events that run throughout the year, look into each universities Student Union and also look into the support on offer.

You can get a glimpse into every day life on the course from two of our current students here and here we also have student ambassadors ready to chat here
Rebecca is a current student on the course and provide insight on any other questions you may have,

Our best advice would be to attend an open day and see for yourself all the great things we have to offer.

Good luck and do let us know if you have any further questions :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest